Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sat Antenna Error

Riddick

Reaction score
Truck is a 22 with 400 miles on it. Have used XM radio a few times and it has always worked. This morning the radio displayed "Sat Antenna Error" when I tried to use XM, all other sources worked as normal. I'm assuming water got past the seal and shorted the antenna. Has anyone had this happen and did you have to replace the antenna? I realize its under warranty but im not excited about them removing my headliner for access, things never seem to fit the same once they are removed.

Riddick

Reaction score
I had the same issue a few times now with my 22. Try resetting the radio. It’ll delete your presets and some settings but that worked for me.

Thanks for posting, I went out and tried this and it worked! Hopefully there is a software update that will correct this. If it happens again the truck is going to the dealer.

DCC

Reaction score
This just happened to me. Reset and fixed. Has it reoccurred on your radios after reset?

Found this on Reddit and posting here to help next guy out.

1644537398144.png

Last edited:

WYnott

Reaction score
Glad it worked!

I'm going to pour a coffee and bundle up and go out and try that now on mine.
Thanks fellas!

Love having so much knowledge available so fast.

DCC

Reaction score
Got the Sat Antenna error again today. Called the dealer. Bringing the truck in next week.

And just to be clear, I've "factory reset" my UConnect twice already.

20220315_134216002_iOS.jpg

WYnott

Reaction score
Yep, all the dealer service does for me so far is reset everything and says, try that... good luck and keep us up to date. Hope something works for you.

The latest idea is that the radio is not accepting updates and that's why the sat ant error and Function Not Available... it's not accepting the updates.... it's 122 miles each way for them to do nothing, I'm starting to think I'll live with it or get a Toyota tundra, never had one

Reactions: DCC

gilmore687

Reaction score
Yep I was having the same issue with mine just reset it and everything is working now.

DCC

Reaction score
While talking with the dealer yesterday, they did a check for software updates (based on VIN). I had gone to UConnect site and punched in my VIN and it told me there were no updates. The dealer said they also showed no updates were available. There was some side comment about dealers being able to see updates that won't show on UConnect site. Also attempted to chat with Ram support but that went nowhere. "Talk to your dealer" was the answer I got. I'm not holding out for a definitive fix at this point, but if enough owners start complaining, maybe Stellantis will pay attention.

WYnott

Reaction score
I would ignore it if the reset lasted some time
But it doesn't even last a full week

The dealer is looking into replacing the radio completely but the fake plague has the parts in limbo
I feel a trade coming, this isn't the first ram I've had problems with... actually since 2004 I've never had a new ram that Didn't have problems. Pita

DCC

Reaction score
Picked the truck up from the dealer. Effective yesterday, there is a radio update RRT 22-054 22MY DT (RRT 1) out for this problem and I got it applied yesterday morning (3/28/2022). Sirius is working again. Will let you know if I see the error again.

Csmith

Reaction score
Picked the truck up from the dealer. Effective yesterday, there is a radio update RRT 22-054 22MY DT (RRT 1) out for this problem and I got it applied yesterday morning (3/28/2022). Sirius is working again. Will let you know if I see the error again.
Go to your clock settings and make sure the date is correct.
I justmy truck 3 days ago and had same problem, I set date correctly and factory reset radio. And all is good .
Dealers wanted to take my truck and "try" and figure it out

DCC

Reaction score
Update: Have not seen the Sat Antenna Error again since the radio update was applied.

mcburt

Reaction score
Has anyone got an answer yet what is going on. 2022 Sat worked for 2000 miles. not has stopped. Sat antenna Error. Have reset radio several times but has not helped. I guess I'll have to cancel my XM subscription. Surely with as many problems that I have read about someone has figured this out by now. In a couple months it will be 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread