Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant Goes Back To Work, Building Ram Trucks

thestuarts

Reaction score

"For those who have a Ram Heavy Duty pickup on order, you can expect slight delays due to the fact that the plant will only be running on one shift for the time being."

MikeXM

Reaction score
How many do they expect to sell, really? They better get good incentives if they want to move those trucks.
I can tell you that nothing has changed for the HD line in Canada since the 2019 rebates that were put in last year. So far, absolutely nothing on the 2020s. Hopefully next month?

D

Deleted member 80

There are people waiting for vehicles already ordered, and buying vehicles. As bad as it seems, the world didn't end just yet. We have a Grand Cherokee on order that we have planned and budgeted for for quite a while.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
I can tell you that nothing has changed for the HD line in Canada since the 2019 rebates that were put in last year. So far, absolutely nothing on the 2020s. Hopefully next month?
Yep, all I'm seeing is the perpetual 'no-charge' Cummins on some and zero (0) incentives on many others.

Camr

Reaction score
Or “BUILDING LEAKY TRUCKS”.
Or “BUILDING TRUCKS WITH LOOSE SHIFT LEVERS”

With so many quality control processes in modern assembly plants, these heroic workers must put so much effort to ensure that such a high number of common defects are included in our trucks. It can’t be easy, but its comforting to know that they are ensuring loose, leaky and crooked defects are included to support our dealers service departments.

thestuarts

Reaction score
You have a typo in your thread heading.
It should be:
Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant Goes Back To Work, Building Crooked Ram Trucks

Most likely, that happened after the truck left the plant. Vehicles are under the most stress while in transit to the dealership, especially while they are being loaded or unloaded on a transport truck. I can't prove my claim, but I have been to the manufacturing plant and seen first hand the quality checks they put into these vehicles, so I have reasonable confidence this didn't happen at the plant itself.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I just called for status on my KZ truck. Status has not changed and they said the Mexico plant is not back to work. It is now scheduled to start up on May 4

D

Deleted member 80

Most likely, that happened after the truck left the plant. Vehicles are under the most stress while in transit to the dealership, especially while they are being loaded or unloaded on a transport truck. I can't prove my claim, but I have been to the manufacturing plant and seen first hand the quality checks they put into these vehicles, so I have reasonable confidence this didn't happen at the plant itself.
Serious question, and not being an azz, but you are saying my empty dually saw more stress being tied down, and riding on the train and carrier(s) than pulling my toy hauler which puts almost 5K on the gooseneck hitch at 65 mph on roads that resemble a mine field???

thestuarts

Reaction score
Serious question, and not being an azz, but you are saying my empty dually saw more stress being tied down, and riding on the train and carrier(s) than pulling my toy hauler which puts almost 5K on the gooseneck hitch at 65 mph on roads that resemble a mine field???

Sorry, I am not talking about the train carrier.

I am talking about the semis that transport vehicles like the picture below. Most panel and body alignment problems with new vehicles are introduced in this phase of transport.

I will find some of the horror videos of what happens as those auto transport trucks are loaded and unloaded.

1588180674922.png

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Or “BUILDING LEAKY TRUCKS”.
Or “BUILDING TRUCKS WITH LOOSE SHIFT LEVERS”

With so many quality control processes in modern assembly plants, these heroic workers must put so much effort to ensure that such a high number of common defects are included in our trucks. It can’t be easy, but its comforting to know that they are ensuring loose, leaky and crooked defects are included to support our dealers service departments.
Don't forget flexible hoods!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I don't doubt that some issues are transportation related, but my bed/cab alignment was off +1". Barring some actual body damage, for which a cover up would be expected to not exhibit the gross misalignment, I find it difficult to believe a bed and cab can move around that much. I had a very nice long conversation with the mechanic (turns out we're kinda neighbors) and he assured me everything was torqued down prior to realignment.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
There is an update to the article, I have just completed...

heyguy

Reaction score
I've been waiting to order a 2020 3500 DRW Limited but still no decent incentives on them, not even no charge diesel. Hopefully there's a change come June 1st. I'm starting to give up hope that there will be something before fall.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
I wouldn't look for incentives for 2020 models anytime soon. FCA is going to pump out the "sold" orders first and then build trucks for dealer stock. I just don't see much happening with the low production numbers. Your best bet for discounts is if you qualify for the family or suppliers discounts. At best in my opinion, there may be a $500 rebate one day. Gladly hope I'm wrong and get $3500 rebate in late June or July tho!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread