Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad Day For Owner

Cseybert

Reaction score
In front of Tractor Supply about an hour ago. Spoke to the gentleman that owned the truck and he said he was sitting in the truck with only the accessories on when smoke started coming in from the dash. He jumped out, opened the hood and flames started shooting out. Probably a total loss. 2019 Limited with only 38,000 miles.

Attachments

• 41F34FA8-CF63-4870-8099-8A6BB3C1163C.jpeg
    41F34FA8-CF63-4870-8099-8A6BB3C1163C.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 174

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
In front of Tractor Supply about an hour ago. Spoke to the gentleman that owned the truck and he said he was sitting in the truck with only the accessories on when smoke started coming in from the dash. He jumped out, opened the hood and flames started shooting out. Probably a total loss. 2019 Limited with only 38,000 miles.
Interesting..........

Cseybert

Reaction score
A good reminder why you should keep a fire extinguisher in your truck. On the bright side, he won't have to worry about his CP4 anymore.
That’s for sure that whole side of the truck was burnt to a crisp.

MtnRider

Reaction score
A good reminder why you should keep a fire extinguisher in your truck. On the bright side, he won't have to worry about his CP4 anymore.

Given the status of the CP4 pumps even If I had a fire extinguisher I probably would have thrown it in the woods and played dumb.. :p

MtnRider

Reaction score
We will never know but real curious what started it? Looks like it's mostly on the driver side which is interesting. Most diesel engine fires I have seen have been from oil or trans fluid getting on the hot exhaust or turbo but that's on the other side.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Given the status of the CP4 pumps even If I had a fire extinguisher I probably would have thrown it in the woods and played dumb.. :p

The owner talked about it, he belongs to a certain forum. I don’t know which one and that heard about it.

Cseybert

Reaction score
We will never know but real curious what started it? Looks like it's mostly on the driver side which is interesting. Most diesel engine fires I have seen have been from oil or trans fluid getting on the hot exhaust or turbo but that's on the other side.

He said it started on some electrical panel?

Squatch

Reaction score
I would probably be thinking...I’m going to get cancer breathing this stuff in, wonder how long before the fire department gets here? That fire truck sounds like it has a Cummins...should I buy a fire truck? Can you lift a fire truck?

Cseybert

Reaction score
As I was looking at the truck after the firefighters put it out the main part of the burn was where the fuse boxes on the exterior we’re located. The owner said when he popped the hood the fire immediately came from a wiring harness and fuse box location. I’m looking at my truck and understand what are you talking about. Hopefully it doesn’t have to do with any of the ad on features for the limited such as power steps. I know on my truck that’s where you plug the power steps into.

carlrx7

Reaction score
I wonder it this was a truck for the turbo fire recall. if he just shut it down, the tranny could have burped fluid and started from there.

Users who are viewing this thread