Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Rumor) Ram locking down ecm’s of 19-21’s?

flan

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing chatter of recent reflashes from Ram basically locking down the ecm like the 22s have come from the factory. Info is kinda random and sparse but posting this as a heads up of a possible issue for those tuned and still need to go for their CP4.2 recall.

FE25309E-118F-43D6-8C06-D772AC559BDC.jpeg

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize the 22s were locked down, I had the CP3 update done on my 20 3 months ago and my tunes were still able to be loaded so this muct be a new thing or my dealer just didn't do the update.. +
Guess this makes my decision of what tune to go with on my new 22 simple :) guess it's gonna remain stock

MEGA HO

Reaction score
@H3LZSN1P3R what was your experience with recent recall? You were saying the dealer insisted on flashing your ECM even thought they knew your was tuned and deleted. Were you able to load your tunes back in before driving it home?

flan

Reaction score
Could be! The poster works for PPEI and been around the block a time or 2, for him to post it seems like it can be a issue going forward, I guess time will tell.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I've seen chatter about this for a couple weeks now (before Kory posted it) and all from reliable, respected sources so I would think there is some truth to it? It may not be fully rolled out yet?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
We all know how rumors spread but without proof who knows, unless its a US EPA thing that they left out for us Canadians. But my flash worked i would have lost it on the dealer if it didn't work, as FCA has no right to lock us out of our ECM since it was not like that when purchased new

Bocephus

Reaction score
Anyone recently had a 19 recall done that was tuned and had any problems?

Bocephus

Reaction score
I seen that. Just wondered if anyone else has it done yet from the states. I’m waiting on parts to come in to get my done

DeadEnd

Reaction score
I wonder if that means the 23's will come already locked? Hmmm.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Had the Y78 completed on my 2020 and it definitely was flashed and no lockup. Been able to change tunes the same as before the Y78 completion. Y78 was completed when the new pumps came available (6/22). Maybe they have since changed the flash to incorporate the lockup.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Had the Y78 completed on my 2020 and it definitely was flashed and no lockup. Been able to change tunes the same as before the Y78 completion. Y78 was completed when the new pumps came available (6/22). Maybe they have since changed the flash to incorporate the lockup.

That's what's being said. The "lockup" flashes started recently.

Users who are viewing this thread