Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock sliders installed

time2kyl

Reaction score
Interested to hear if you have any odd vibrations/harmonics with them. There are reports of them not playing nice with the AMM. I really want to get some though so I'm hopeful.

Squatch

Reaction score
Man, those are sweet and they make them for the 2019 3500 long bed wheel to wheel, I might have to talk myself into that price tag!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Interested to hear if you have any odd vibrations/harmonics with them. There are reports of them not playing nice with the AMM. I really want to get some though so I'm hopeful.

None so far. Same with my 1500 that had the AMM as well.

I'm not sure of all the details of the AMM, but the sliders may help absorb vibrations...?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Look nice. Are those frame mounted?

jadmt

Reaction score
what do your 35" duratracs measure actual height when parked on flat surface? I might have asked already but having a senior moment.

jupp0r

Reaction score

No vibrations/harmonics for my white knuckle sliders on my 2020 Power Wagon. I had to grind down one washer that was making contact with the cab and caused really horrible squeaking.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
just ordered mine last week, they are about 45 minutes away from where I live.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
No vibrations/harmonics for my white knuckle sliders on my 2020 Power Wagon. I had to grind down one washer that was making contact with the cab and caused really horrible squeaking.

Yeah, they mention that squeak in the instructions. I've yet to hear it. Really tight tolerances in some places.

That rear top bolt above the gas tank is the hardest one. If I remember correctly, I was able to get a really long wrench up between the gas tank and the skid plate bracket. Honestly wish I could have gotten that tighter, but I'm not dropping my gas tank for that bolt. It would save a lot of time if the nuts were already spot welded onto the backing plates...

el_barto

Reaction score
Yeah, they mention that squeak in the instructions. I've yet to hear it. Really tight tolerances in some places.

That rear top bolt above the gas tank is the hardest one. If I remember correctly, I was able to get a really long wrench up between the gas tank and the skid plate bracket. Honestly wish I could have gotten that tighter, but I'm not dropping my gas tank for that bolt. It would save a lot of time if the nuts were already spot welded onto the backing plates...
I got the squeak after I installed mine. Followed their directions to resolve, and it hasn’t come back.

Xtrememachines

Reaction score
On my 19 they cause vibration at low rpm, I unplugged the dampers and it solved the problem but caused an error message everytime i start the truck

Users who are viewing this thread