Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retractable running boards

sacarmic

Reaction score
Are the RBP still the preferred retractable running board for the 19 2500?

Thanks
Scott

jakebrake

Reaction score
I have an AMP Research rear step on my 2018 DRW. Their quality is great and they also make the step your talking about.

Cely1932

Reaction score
I have the RBP and loving them. Not exactly a perfect fit as far as motor interference with the canisters on the frame. RBP has their workaround for it and I have mine......
There is a running board thread under the Exterior topic that has pictures & the details.

sacarmic

Reaction score
I have an AMP Research rear step on my 2018 DRW. Their quality is great and they also make the step your talking about.

From the looks of the Amp website, the don't really go up against the body, there is a black plastic enclosure that they go up into. IS that correct?

jakebrake

Reaction score
I don't know. I just have the rear bumper pull down step. My boards are factory 2019 Long Horn

Stavo

Reaction score
Got the RBP and love them. As mentioned, there is a "work around" to get them to fit.

19laramiehd

Reaction score
Amp research. They tuck in real good. Depends on model also

Attachments

• 20190923_073420.jpg
    20190923_073420.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 45

sacarmic

Reaction score
Got the RBP and love them. As mentioned, there is a "work around" to get them to fit.

Did you have to do much drilling? Also, it issues switches that mount in the door to rain and lower correcT? Do you ever have issues with them(the switches)?

mustangguy289

Reaction score
Does anyone know the Mopar part # for the factory installed fold steps? I see them as an option when you try to build but have never seen a dealership actually have a truck on the lot with the factory fold down steps.

Klinger

Reaction score
Does anyone know the Mopar part # for the factory installed fold steps? I see them as an option when you try to build but have never seen a dealership actually have a truck on the lot with the factory fold down steps.
I’ve seen and test drove a 2019 with them. Awesome. They Are on my 2020 Limited I ordered

Klinger

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing your vin so I can have the part #s looked up?
I have a VIN assigned but can’t pull it up. I talked to RAM care this am and truck is in D1 status. They looked it up by VON number and she had same vin but the build sheet she sent me has it listed as Power Running Boards or something. Since I got a Limited it’s part of the Limited ok age and not an option so it’s doesn’t list part numbers

19laramiehd

Reaction score
Did you have to do much drilling? Also, it uses the OBD port, correct? Does the get in the way at all?
Yes on the drilling which my typical milwuakee drill took care of. I did have to used a right angle cordless to get a few holes drilled. Did it myself in the drive way. Also the obd module doesnt get in the way.

Stavo

Reaction score
Did you have to do much drilling? Also, it uses the OBD port, correct? Does the get in the way at all?
No drilling. I routed up through the in floor storage bins. The RBP does not use the OBD port. Uses magnets and sensors in the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread