Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Report Post" timeout

Cheetah

Reaction score
There appears to be a 30 second timeout between reporting problematic posts. In cases where there's not a common profile to report, this quickly becomes tedious. I'm happy to help, but not if it involves slogging through a timer every report.

Perhaps only enforce the timer for those with no prior forum activity, or after a aet number of reports? Could also have an increasing holdoff per report if there's really that much concern over using reports to spam moderators.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Why are you reporting people..... the mods do a decent job on their own Don't be a useless snowflake

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's a single user, there's no need to report every single spam post. The profile gets whacked in one click.

Frankly, the amount and frequency of spam posts here is pretty insignificant compared to what shows up in the spam catcher of those trying to join the site. @Admin has also implemented some extra measures I won't disclose that has significantly reduced even the number of attempted joins.

Although it's not recommended to post any reply in a new thread by a spammer, please do feel free to post REPORTED in the thread if you do so, then other members will see that it's been reported and we don't see 20 reports on the same post.

Thanks Cheetah for reporting and thanks DD for jumping on them, I worked till 0400 and was watching a movie with my grandson...

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Oh this is good news to know that I can report some of these guys!! Prepare for some reports!

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I try to get on about 0630 here and the 5th Gen sites. Lately spam has been way down at both. Brutal regularly has this place cleaned up. Sometimes the 5th Gen site is a bit built up. Most times I can get them deleted before anyone knows. I seen the allpar site get completly over run a time or too.

Overall it is not much of an issue.

And please as mentioned...do not just report stuff that hurts your feelings. If you go back and read the same thing 3 times and use a different outlook each time and it still looks aggressive or inappropriate then by all means report it.

Moat guys/gals here can take a joke and get the humor in ball busting...but the 5th Gen site has had some real "snowflakes"

Everyone here gets along pretty well. That is reassuring that RAM owners are the best of people.

Users who are viewing this thread