Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replace Resonator with Muffler

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their resonator with a muffler like the Magnaflow 14162 or something like it?

If so how does it sound especially compared to the factory setup?

jetrinka

Reaction score
You likely won't notice a bit of difference as the stock resonator is a straight through unit just like that Magnaflow. Most people either swap the muffler with a straight through unit and leave the resonator or leave the stock muffler and delete the stock resonator. Both good options for a decent sound increase.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I replaced the resinator with a straight pipe on my 6.4 hemi.
Sounds great, not too loud, no noise when crusing, no drone I can hear.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I need to measure the stock muffler and resonator. But, what I was thinking of doing is keep the resonator, cut out the muffler, and put a flowmaster 70 series and the resonator where the factory muffler was. Then, redo the tailpipe.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Try just replacing the resonator with a straight pipe first. You may like it. ;)

If not, then you at last have the resonator to install with the new muffler. And you will have the tail pipe done.:cool:

dieselscout80

Reaction score
What diameter exhaust tube is the factory system is it 4”?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread