Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Rearview Mirror Covers on a Limited

Razzman

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the rearview mirror base covers on a 19-20 Limited? I need to access to run power for the dash cam and cannot figure out what needs to happen to remove. I've seen posts on older models but they're different. Thanks

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
pry out the plastic trim piece directly above the mirror with whatever you’ve got laying around. A trim removal tool works well. Then just pull the housing down with your hands.

Razzman

Reaction score
pry out the plastic trim piece directly above the mirror with whatever you’ve got laying around. A trim removal tool works well. Then just pull the housing down with your hands.
Awesome thanks! I'll check it out in a couple days and see how that works.

Razzman

Reaction score
So here's the mirror housing in question, I'm assuming your referring to the vertical section right behind the mirror? I have trim tools and nothing gets between the pieces so I figured it must be starting around the mirror stem hole. No matter how hard I try it doesn't budge and feels like it's going to break!

mirror_housing_2.jpg

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
you got it. pry from the mirror hole until you think its gonna break and then pry a little harder

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So here's the mirror housing in question, I'm assuming your referring to the vertical section right behind the mirror? I have trim tools and nothing gets between the pieces so I figured it must be starting around the mirror stem hole. No matter how hard I try it doesn't budge and feels like it's going to break!

View attachment 30619
There’s some more detailed pics of taking it apart in the following thread-

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I didn't know about giving the assembly a twist to remove it. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread