Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start / Lock No Longer Working

2500ltd

Reaction score
Hey all. Got my RAM 2500 Limited end of April. SiriusXM Guardian features worked well out of the gate. I was able to Start / Stop / Lock / Unlock the truck using the app with no problem. Since a week ago though, I can no longer do any of this. The app still allows me to accurately locate the vehicle but other remote functions do not work. Checked my account and all is good and active. Any suggestions on what I can do to make this work again? Thanks in advance.

2500ltd

Reaction score
Can you remote start from key fob?
That’s a good question. Tried it last week and it didn’t work but worked fine this morning with the key fob. Still not working on the app.

Last edited:

2500ltd

Reaction score
So called SiriusXM Guardian support. They made me call SOS by pressing the in vehicle button to see if they could locate it. Created a new problem. SOS call centre couldn’t locate the car but now the button seems stuck as it calls SOS back every time they hang up. It seems stuck in a loop. Guardian support says I have to visit my dealership to have this fixed. As for the remote functions, they couldn’t make them work and have created a ticket. No ETA on when it’ll get fixed.

I’ll visit the dealer Monday. In the meantime, anyone has ideas to get the SOS calls to stop?

2500ltd

Reaction score
After some research, it seems like a solution to the SOS stuck in a loop is to disconnect the battery. I did that and indeed it got rid of the issue and by the same token, it made the remote features work from the app again... Still don’t know what caused the issue in the first place but looks like it reset the system... Be great if there was an easier way that unplugging the battery though.

Ostracize

Reaction score
After some research, it seems like a solution to the SOS stuck in a loop is to disconnect the battery. I did that and indeed it got rid of the issue and by the same token, it made the remote features work from the app again... Still don’t know what caused the issue in the first place but looks like it reset the system... Be great if there was an easier way that unplugging the battery though.
To eliminate an easy variable... Locate every single fuse and relay and ensure they are fully pushed in.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Hey all. Got my RAM 2500 Limited end of April. SiriusXM Guardian features worked well out of the gate. I was able to Start / Stop / Lock / Unlock the truck using the app with no problem. Since a week ago though, I can no longer do any of this. The app still allows me to accurately locate the vehicle but other remote functions do not work. Checked my account and all is good and active. Any suggestions on what I can do to make this work again? Thanks in advance.
I hated the Uconnect app, remote start was finicky and the vehicle locator function was horrid. After my year was up with SiriusXM Guardian, I went 3rd party for less money and love it.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I hated the Uconnect app, remote start was finicky and the vehicle locator function was horrid. After my year was up with SiriusXM Guardian, I went 3rd party for less money and love it.
What did you go with?

lovegolf44

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread