Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Registration fees and taxes

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Good for me, 20% tx would make it expensive.

steve49

Reaction score
I bought a boat in Las Vegas and live in AZ, so told them I wanted to pay the AZ sales tax as it was 5%, but in the end they did the NV sales tax which was 9%. If it had been less and AZ higher, I would have had to pay the difference. My new 2500 license and registration was was 671.21, but does go down each year..., but slowly.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Sales tx is high in Las Vegas where I live, but we don't pay income Tx so its actualy cheaper.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I might get lucky, the base State of NV sales tx is 4.6 which is lower than what I'll pay in AZ. When I bought my 5ver in Oregon with no sales tx, and registered in Comifornia where I used to live, I only had to pay the Comifornia base sales tx to register it saving me a lot of money. The issue is, I've never done that in Nevada, so I guess I'll be finding out.

jadmt

Reaction score
just got my registration/title bill for my 2020 PW. $566.08 for the year. We pay annually in Montana. Paperwork for vehicles has been delayed considerably due to Covid. Used to be on a new vehicle you had to go to the DMV in person for the new title. Renewals could be done by mail. Now even new title applications are done via the internet. In Montana you get a 40 day temp sticker on a new vehicle but since Covid the Governor has extended the temp sticker to 90 days. I see a lot of expired tags some at least 6 months expired. state government is freaking slow. Luckily we have no sales tax. If I buy a vehicle out of state I am tax exempt as well.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Just paid about $5000 in taxes and $1050 for registration for Kommiefornia. And I still don't have it registered because I have to have the vehicle verified and smogged before they will give me the paperwork. AAA just told me they can't do the verification since it is a new vehicle...dratz! On a side note, I noticed my spell checker did not flag "Kommiefornia" as being an incorrect word. I guess they even know!!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just paid about $5000 in taxes and $1050 for registration for Kommiefornia. And I still don't have it registered because I have to have the vehicle verified and smogged before they will give me the paperwork. AAA just told me they can't do the verification since it is a new vehicle...dratz! On a side note, I noticed my spell checker did not flag "Kommiefornia" as being an incorrect word. I guess they even know!!

Really? I've never heard of any state, that I can recall, require smog on a brand new vehicle.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
The VB6 recall probably has a lot to do with it, however Dealers register new vehicles Comifornia. Comifornia will not let you reregister the truck unless the VB6 recall was performed. Nevada you must register it yourself after new purchase. My 3500 was the exception, due to a sales event where the Auto Mall paid for the full 1st year registration.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Really? I've never heard of any state, that I can recall, require smog on a brand new vehicle.

Great news! It passed smog LOL ..... Well, another $67 the state of CA cost me. I was hoping I didn't have to take it to the dealer for an emissions flash first, but according to the dealer they have to flash all emissions recalls before they sell it. After it has been sold some states leave it up to the buyer.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news! It passed smog LOL ..... Well, another $67 the state of CA cost me. I was hoping I didn't have to take it to the dealer for an emissions flash first, but according to the dealer they have to flash all emissions recalls before they sell it. After it has been sold some states leave it up to the buyer.

SMH. Just another citizen soaking.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
This was never the case in Comifornia, when did this change? Its absurd you have to smog a brand new vehicle.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
This was never the case in Comifornia, when did this change? Its absurd you have to smog a brand new vehicle.
I agree! It is because it was bought new from a dealer out of state. It is a 50 state smog legal vehicle so it is ridiculous. I guess it has been that way for a least a few years after talking to some friends. I also went and got it weighed just in case.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree! It is because it was bought new from a dealer out of state. It is a 50 state smog legal vehicle so it is ridiculous. I guess it has been that way for a least a few years after talking to some friends. I also went and got it weighed just in case.

Oh, I missed that part.

davis2

Reaction score
Did you get a kiss after that sexual escapade? Or at least dinner?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
They did away with yearly ad-valorem taxes here years ago so now the Yearly fee here is a $25 tag fee, I have a AT tag so $25 special plate fee (donation to Appalachian trail conservancy) vehicle is exempt from smog due to GVWR so no added cost for smog test.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Crap like this is yet another reason why we sold our properties and left Colorado and came back To Georgia, Couldn't take it any more. I now pay ~$25 for a tag vs. ~$1500, and the roads are much better here Lol. Colorado is a run by a bunch of crooks and it's only getting worse!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Crap like this is yet another reason why we sold our properties and left Colorado and came back To Georgia, Couldn't take it any more. I now pay ~$25 for a tag vs. ~$1500, and the roads are much better here Lol. Colorado is a run by a bunch of crooks and it's only getting worse!
Georgia here as well, forgot to mention

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Similar for me last month although my taxes were closer to $6k and tag was almost $1100.

Gotta pay unemployment benefits and "COVID" relief for illegals somehow, right? Glad i did my part.

Users who are viewing this thread