Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regens at alarming rate!

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I have an open star case as well as ram CAIR , CAIRs was suppose to cal me in 48 hours haven’t heard back yet it’s been 5 days !!

I think I will let the NHTSA know there’s something wrong with my emission on my truck that the dealer cannot figure out. Which is definitely a safety issue! the toxic fumes are coming into my truck. I’m sure EPA would love to know this as well.

I usually buy a new ram every 2-3 years since 2012 6.7 ! I’m over it RAM starting to be a piece of crap brand for me

Ram know they have a problem trust me my opinion!!!!!!

Ram Keeps kicking the bucket down the road total BS!

spicy.gif

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an open star case as well as ram CAIR , CAIRs was suppose to cal me in 48 hours haven’t heard back yet it’s been 5 days !!

I think I will let the NHTSA know there’s something wrong with my emission on my truck that the dealer cannot figure out. Which is definitely a safety issue! the toxic fumes are coming into my truck. I’m sure EPA would love to know this as well.

I usually buy a new ram every 2-3 years since 2012 6.7 ! I’m over it RAM starting to be a piece of crap brand for me

EPA is mostly to blame for this, so they won't care one little bit.

NHTSA will only pay attention for motive failures with the potential for and actual severe injury or fatality issues.

CdnHO

Reaction score
EPA is mostly to blame for this, so they won't care one little bit.

NHTSA will only pay attention for motive failures with the potential for and actual severe injury or fatality issues.
Let's face it; the government doesn't care. Never did and never will. If you don't comply then they fine you. Tough luck. Canada is the same way.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
yup. go to our local ram/ford dealer and the ford dealer's garage has a wait list for work. i dont know about chevy/gmc though as i dont follow what is going on (That may change if they come out with the 8.3L) cause of rust issues that have had.
If they actually do create an 8.3L, I think it will be exclusive to their cab & chassis 4500/5500/6500 series trucks (like they used to have with the old 7.8L Isuzu LG4 “Duramax” engines.) I really don’t see them attempting to stuff another 1.7L worth of engine under the hood of the pickups, not to mention the increase in size of all the other systems that would need to expand along with the block in order to accommodate that big of a displacement change (cooling systems and emissions systems especially).

batman900

Reaction score

My father's 23 was allowing the regen fumes into the cab as well. It was sickening and by far the worst part of this issue. His dealer couldn't figure it out either. The truck is gone now.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My father's 23 was allowing the regen fumes into the cab as well. It was sickening and by far the worst part of this issue. His dealer couldn't figure it out either. The truck is gone now.
Really the dealer could not figure out something so simple….

Users who are viewing this thread