Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regen warnings on RAM?

Darmichar

Reaction score
Funny you mention above items. They replaced dpf and pressure differential switch, I have replaced the silicon boot just after the turbo. Injectors we’re fine at 235k miles.
The only other thing I can think of would be oil (usually from a leaky seal in the 'cold' side of the turbo) or coolant (head gasket) making its way to the DPF.
Those are rare as you'd notice the levels dropping before having issues with the DPF, unless it just failed miserably.

Aketay

Reaction score
This truck has eaten oil since it was new, about a quart every 7500 miles.

Aketay

Reaction score
Looks like I am getting a new DPF at my expense, $3100 to drive 41,000 miles. They say there is no warranty on DPF. Truck will be for sale soon at a loss no less. Normally I can drive for a profit for 400,000+ miles before I get a new one. This one is a turd now, unreliable for my job.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Looks like I am getting a new DPF at my expense, $3100 to drive 41,000 miles. They say there is no warranty on DPF. Truck will be for sale soon at a loss no less. Normally I can drive for a profit for 400,000+ miles before I get a new one. This one is a turd now, unreliable for my job.
Hate to hear that. I still think the original dealer (and this one) overlooked some issue with the engine or sensing system that is causing the excessive soot.

Aketay

Reaction score
Your probably right but it’s easier for them to grab the big bucks and send you down the road. That’s why they call them stealerships. I had to leave being a mechanic when they said I had to do the work by the book, not by using deductive skills to find the root of the problem. Just remember that the strongest money maker in any dealership is the service department.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Delete it then you will be back to profit in no time

Aketay

Reaction score
If I delete it I won’t qualify for the new fuel pump

wolfpack

Reaction score
Is there any way to tell how many Regen cycles have run? I’m at 3600 miles and have never seen the Regen message displayed. I’m running Pittsburgh Power Max Mileage since new so maybe that has some effect.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Is there any way to tell how many Regen cycles have run? I’m at 3600 miles and have never seen the Regen message displayed. I’m running Pittsburgh Power Max Mileage since new so maybe that has some effect.
Take your engine hours and divide by 25, that will give you a close estimate

flan

Reaction score
You need to monitor the dpf gage on your evic to see if it’s in regen. Any other screen and it will not notify you.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Not true. The fuel pump is a recall. As long as that recalled fuel pump is installed on your truck, they MUST perform the recall, regardless of what else has been done to the truck.
That's what I was thinking, too. You could drag a clapped out shell of a car to the Dealer. If it's still driveable, the recall has to be done.

D

Deleted member 21465

I have 37k miles on my 2020 and had never gotten a regen message and every time I checked the DPF gauge it always showed 0 but I did a great deal of highway driving the first year and a half I had the truck. I got the dreaded P242F about three weeks ago. I was driving without having the instrument cluster on the DPF gauge a quick message popped up and said in Regen and within a few seconds I got the see dealer and check engine light. The dealer did a flash update and explained short drives caused the issue. Since that time I leave it on the DPF screen all the time. Twice the gauge has moved to 12.5% and then would move back to 0. I live 7 miles from town and usually do short trips to town a couple of times a week. I can see now that I will need to monitor the screen better and plan more lengthy trips around the particulate filter.

wbpepper

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 2500 tradesman with a 6.7 Cummins today I flipped through gauges to check dpf spot cause I am using more diesel than normal. Soot level is above 1/4 I’ve drove it about 70 miles on the interstate soot level never changed. Is this normal or am I having a issue that the ecu hasn’t warned about

I just bought a week ago a 2020 ram 2500 tradesman with the 6.7 today I noticed that I was using more fuel than normal so I flipped through the gauges to dpf soot level and it was on a quarter so i drove 70 miles on the Interstate and it hasn’t moved is this something to worry about no check engine lights or anything like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loveracing1988

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 2500 tradesman with a 6.7 Cummins today I flipped through gauges to check dpf spot cause I am using more diesel than normal. Soot level is above 1/4 I’ve drove it about 70 miles on the interstate soot level never changed. Is this normal or am I having a issue that the ecu hasn’t warned about
That's normal

Nick

Reaction score
You have owned it for a week and ascertained that you are using more than normal ? Kind of a short time frame to draw that conclusion .probably your fuel gauge started moving . My Dpf gauge shows about half then regens . Many different gauge variances from truck to truck . Don’t worry about it. If you tow it will stay at zero mostly .

loveracing1988

Reaction score
You have owned it for a week and ascertained that you are using more than normal ? Kind of a short time frame to draw that conclusion .probably your fuel gauge started moving . My Dpf gauge shows about half then regens . Many different gauge variances from truck to truck . Don’t worry about it. If you tow it will stay at zero mostly .
To expand on this it greatly depends on your use. I have never seen the dpf gauge go above 1/4. During the summer when I am towing my fifth wheel at least once a month the gauge never even moves off of zero. The only real time I see it move is in winter or if I do A LOT of city driving. My commute to work is 18 miles and about 15 miles of it is expressway.

wbpepper

Reaction score
Yeah I do a lot of city driving I read get on interstate and run it up and down the hwy I have trip too Dallas Saturday hopefully that will drop it back down so y’all know a code reader for rams that does Regins

wbpepper

Reaction score
Is a 5 min automatic regin normal

Users who are viewing this thread