Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regearing, Computer reflash?

BigRam14

Reaction score
I've been reading all morning threads on here about regearing. But most have to do with the old 5.9 or the new aisan trans. I have a 14 3500 crew long 6.5 inch suspension lift. Run 37/13.5/22s since its had 18k on it. Trans broke input shaft at 105k on a sledding trip out west in feb 2020. Installed a jasper trans, lasted 4500 miles, 2nd jasper lasted 300 miles, now have about 500 on this one. The originally had 68rfe and 3.73 gears The truck shifts really fast and often so thinking of goin to 430 or 410 depending on if I have to change the carriers or not. Have a couple shops saying it could throw the truck into a limp mode like the jeeps do and may need to have the dealer reflash. Now I'm lost lol. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Alot of knowledge on here, ty for letting me be apart of it!

BigRam14

Reaction score
Should have added i dont tow alot 5-6 times a year. Sometimes across the country. My toy Hauler is 22k lbs with the bike in back. 5th wheel

BigRam14

Reaction score
I've been reading all morning threads on here about regearing. But most have to do with the old 5.9 or the new aisan trans. I have a 14 3500 crew long 6.5 inch suspension lift. Run 37/13.5/22s since its had 18k on it. Trans broke input shaft at 105k on a sledding trip out west in feb 2020. Installed a jasper trans, lasted 4500 miles, 2nd jasper lasted 300 miles, now have about 500 on this one. The originally had 68rfe and 3.73 gears The truck shifts really fast and often so thinking of goin to 430 or 410 depending on if I have to change the carriers or not. Have a couple shops saying it could throw the truck into a limp mode like the jeeps do and may need to have the dealer reflash. Now I'm lost lol. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Alot of knowledge on here, ty for letting me be apart of it!
Fully deleted with Anarchy tunes. Approx 600 hp.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeXM

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure about yours but on the older models you could change the gearing yourself with a tuning programmer.

BigRam14

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure about yours but on the older models you could change the gearing yourself with a tuning programmer.
Yes 2006 and older I do believe. Dealer says no reflash but maybe something about abs?

D

Deleted member 80

Can't speak to the reflash, but a stock 68RFE or crappy rebuilt is not going to stand for a 600 HP tune. You are wasting your $$$ and time. Call Goerend and see about a properly built trans, and those problems will be behind you.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Can't speak to the reflash, but a stock 68RFE or crappy rebuilt is not going to stand for a 600 HP tune. You are wasting your $$$ and time. Call Goerend and see about a properly built trans, and those problems will be behind you.
I missed that part. I totally agree with @1HasBeen. Final ratio isn't going to fix anything for your immediate problem. I thought you were just unlucky. But no, 600HP is gonna torn apart that 68RFE with no end to it. Gotta fix the trans first.

BigRam14

Reaction score

BigRam14

Reaction score
Odd because stock trans lasted from 50k to 105k with the delete and tune but these jasper trans are supposed to be good for up to 800+ hp and they're junk! And 9500 bucks installed

BigRam14

Reaction score
Odd because stock trans lasted from 50k to 105k with the delete and tune but these jasper trans are supposed to be good for up to 800+ hp and they're junk! And 9500 bucks installed, jasper is known nation wide for their transmissions and engines

D

Deleted member 80

I have had their engines apart at my buddy's machine shop years ago. Not impressed. The results speak for themselves.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Mine's a Hemi, so can't provide any input on the trannies, but when I moved up to 37s on my 2016, as I was changing TPMS settings and Tire Size in AlfaOBD, I do recall there was a setting for gear ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread