Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

Hibiki54

Reaction score
No one does. They only make replacement radius arms. The articulink radius arms are actually pretty beefy. I've seen cut outs and they are thick and robust in how they are formed. Obviously the Carli radius arms are much stronger by design.

Soapy

Reaction score
Chassis Unlimited offers american made bumpers and a few other products for the Power Wagon.

jadmt

Reaction score
just bumping this up...anybody get tranny skid for a 2021+ yet?

UglyViking

Reaction score
I DMed @MDethloff on insta the other day but haven't heard back. I hope the guy is doing ok. He seemed ready to release some great new stuff then just dropped off the face of the earth.

MDethloff

Reaction score
I DMed @MDethloff on insta the other day but haven't heard back. I hope the guy is doing ok. He seemed ready to release some great new stuff then just dropped off the face of the earth.
Hey man! I don't hop on social media a lot right now, email or a call is always the best way to reach out. I haven't shared much on the skid plates recently because the project was steered into a military contract. We're producing a fleetwide order of a variant of the skid plate for the new trucks, and what looks like the final fit check just happened today. It was an unexpected but very cool detour! We've also got some other really sweet parts coming out for all the 2500/3500's with all drivetrain options, including an interesting solution for the Power Wagons that solves some issues they have that previously prevented certain accessories to be used on them. I don't want to share much on that until the parts are about to hit the shelf :) I've been doing a lot of test fitting this week and expect a lot to be coming out early this Spring!

jsalbre

Reaction score
Hey man! I don't hop on social media a lot right now, email or a call is always the best way to reach out. I haven't shared much on the skid plates recently because the project was steered into a military contract. We're producing a fleetwide order of a variant of the skid plate for the new trucks, and what looks like the final fit check just happened today. It was an unexpected but very cool detour! We've also got some other really sweet parts coming out for all the 2500/3500's with all drivetrain options, including an interesting solution for the Power Wagons that solves some issues they have that previously prevented certain accessories to be used on them. I don't want to share much on that until the parts are about to hit the shelf :) I've been doing a lot of test fitting this week and expect a lot to be coming out early this Spring!
Congrats on the military contract! Hope your skids are available again soon, my new Rebel is in dire need of some protection for that engine!

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Thank you. I've been making my own magnet armor for the body to ward off branches. In progress...
c6a4710cac5984c365578a4bc3f2b9b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever finish this project? I've got a bulk roll coming now and am trying to decide if I want to cut it vertical like you are showing or horizontal. How many square feet did you end up using, accounting for waste? Happy with the result?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Did you ever finish this project? I've got a bulk roll coming now and am trying to decide if I want to cut it vertical like you are showing or horizontal. How many square feet did you end up using, accounting for waste? Happy with the result?
You may be aware already, but any dust or grit, even stuff too small to see, under magnets like that will essentially sand the paint. You won’t get brush scratches but you’ll definitely get damage to the paint.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
You may be aware already, but any dust or grit, even stuff too small to see, under magnets like that will essentially sand the paint. You won’t get brush scratches but you’ll definitely get damage to the paint.

I figure that's better than deep scratches. Keep a good layer of wax, dust it before application, only leave them on for the trail.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I have a local shop that‘s interested in making an engine/tranny skid. I’m thinking about aluminum, as I’m not a rock crawler anymore and really looking to protect from incidental damage while I’m out wheeling, not repeated drops off ledges.

Would anyone else be interested?

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
I have a local shop that‘s interested in making an engine/tranny skid. I’m thinking about aluminum, as I’m not a rock crawler anymore and really looking to protect from incidental damage while I’m out wheeling, not repeated drops off ledges.

I would be interested.

Wobly

Reaction score

I would be interested, but I will say that aluminum is not going to take big hits very well. If they make it out of steel, they would probably sell a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread