Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: Ram Recalls Almost 340,700 Cummins-Powered Heavy Dutys

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
That’s what I was told as well. They get one a week and are using them for themselves and not us customers that have our trucks. Told them if my truck burns up pulling the 5er this summer that can come get it and I’ll take my money back
I spoke to the service writer at my local dealership about the 68FRE dipstick recall, I’ve been on the list since the first week in December. Service writer said that the parts department receives one dipstick a week for recall repair.

Reaction score
Do you think you would be able to snap a picture of the relay (near the bottom of the passenger side battery) when you pick the truck up? Might help others out to see what the potential fix might be.
A picture or known remedy of the relay issue would be great. Just called my dealer. They are not sharing any news. Say they know nothing.

superjoe83

Reaction score
A picture or known remedy of the relay issue would be great. Just called my dealer. They are not sharing any news. Say they know nothing.
From what I've read, it will be similar to the current relay, but have some kind of fuse built in (either thermal or current, maybe both) to prevent it from becoming a flame thrower

Reaction score
From what I've read, it will be similar to the current relay, but have some kind of fuse built in (either thermal or current, maybe both) to prevent it from becoming a flame thrower
Thanks.
I'm assuming you are affected by this issue.
What are you doing during the meantime?

superjoe83

Reaction score
Thanks.
I'm assuming you are affected by this issue.
What are you doing during the meantime?
Yes, I have an affected '22, im honesty more worried about the snap ring failing in my Aisin than the truck bursting into flames.
I dont daily drive the truck, just usually use it on the weekends, ill probably disconnect the power feed when I'm not using it, but only 6 odd failures in over 300k trucks I'm not loosing sleep over it.

Reaction score
Yes, I have an affected '22, im honesty more worried about the snap ring failing in my Aisin than the truck bursting into flames.
I dont daily drive the truck, just usually use it on the weekends, ill probably disconnect the power feed when I'm not using it, but only 6 odd failures in over 300k trucks I'm not loosing sleep over it.
Thanks for the reply.
I have heard about that one too.
I guess we're suppose to just hang in there and hope we have some direction soon.

GBB

Reaction score
I had this recall last year and took the truck in..they inspected the relay and said your good to go And cleared the recall. Now I got the same recall notice showed up. WTH? Since I’m in the third phase group it’s gonna be awhile before I can get it fixed I’m just going to disconnect the power like I did last time, don’t need it anyway.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
I had this recall last year and took the truck in..they inspected the relay and said your good to go And cleared the recall. Now I got the same recall notice showed up. WTH? Since I’m in the third phase group it’s gonna be awhile before I can get it fixed I’m just going to disconnect the power like I did last time, don’t need it anyway.
Wondering what to do ? I only use my truck for towing and it sits in my shop otherwise. As of now I haven’t done a thing. Am I crazy for not disconnecting the relay? Could it actually start fire just sitting there ? Have had the truck for a year and 5000 miles with no problem.

GBB

Reaction score
Wondering what to do ? I only use my truck for towing and it sits in my shop otherwise. As of now I haven’t done a thing. Am I crazy for not disconnecting the relay? Could it actually start fire just sitting there ? Have had the truck for a year and 5000 miles with no problem.
IDK…you might be the 7th out of 300,000 that experiences it.

Reaction score
My brother and I have a spring bear hunt planned in Montana. I now have about 4,700 miles on my 2022 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins. I purchased the truck last month and it’s my only vehicle how worried should I be about grid relay. I have a 32’ toy hauler that I will be taking along with a Can-Am UTV

whitexc

Reaction score
e0cf44cb20522c7748af5a11f64fb944.jpg

Local dealer with a flock of them they can’t move. Might be my chance to grab a 3500 Cummins once they do get it sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello,

PM is Private Message

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
View attachment 53541
Thank you for sharing this. The first phase should be releasing soon for the 2023 model year. We appreciate everyone being patience with this.

William
Ram Cares

jak

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this. The first phase should be releasing soon for the 2023 model year. We appreciate everyone being patience with this.

William
Ram Cares
Some folks on here have said their recall has been completed. You say the "first phase should be releasing soon", could you please clarify. My truck has been sitting at the dealer for over a month. Thank you.

Ronstar

Reaction score
If one reads the style of writing from their responses it is my opinion they are ‘bots. Same grammatical error is several responses. I quit corresponding with them and rely more on you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread