Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear end gears

Onederdog

Reaction score
Hi All, how can I find out which rear end I have in my truck? I was very surprised to see it’s not on the window sticker or door panel. There is a big difference in the maximum trailer weight depending upon if it’s the 4.44 or 4.89 ratio.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi All, how can I find out which rear end I have in my truck? I was very surprised to see it’s not on the window sticker or door panel. There is a big difference in the maximum trailer weight depending upon if it’s the 4.44 or 4.89 ratio.
Drivers door jamb should have it on there along with the GVWR

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

It should be on the window sticker, either under standard or as an optional item.

The equipment list should also have it.

Drivers door jamb should have it on there along with the GVWR

My truck does not have axle ratios listed on the door jamb sticker.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It should be on the window sticker, either under standard or as an optional item.

The equipment list should also have it.

My truck does not have axle ratios listed on the door jamb sticker.
I must be thinking of the tag in the glovebox of the 01 i dont have my 19 to check right now its getting the CP4 recall done. my bad a vin decoder should be able to tell though

Onederdog

Reaction score
Nope, not on the door jamb. I going to look over the window sticker again. I even went to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and put in the VIN, wasn't there either.

tchur1

Reaction score
Nope, not on the door jamb. I going to look over the window sticker again. I even went to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and put in the VIN, wasn't there either.
Enter your VIN here like @AH64ID mentioned. It will be on your equipment listing.

Onederdog

Reaction score
FINALLY, FCA Ram that’s where it was. 4.44 ratio which means for me a maximum trailer weight of 23,210. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread