Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle Noise In Cab

Kadowampus

Reaction score
First post on this site. My 2019 crew cab has the same rattle and 1200mi on the clock. Sounds like the rear cab mount bolts. Haven’t been into the dealership yet but glad to hear I’m not alone.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
First post on this site. My 2019 crew cab has the same rattle and 1200mi on the clock. Sounds like the rear cab mount bolts. Haven’t been into the dealership yet but glad to hear I’m not alone.

I apologize that you are experiencing this, @Kadowampus. If you are willing to move forward with your dealer for this concern, I am more than happy to ensure that both you and your dealer have an additional layer of support for that process. Our team is always a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

99ls1tj

Reaction score
I have the issue too. I took it to my dealer and they are saying it's my AMP Research side steps. I don't see any way that could be it. I'm going to have to go back I guess. It's absolutely driving me crazy. I don't even use the radio because I'm trying to hear where that sound is coming from. It seems to be around the back seat area or the bed. I usually notice it the most if I'm turning and hit a pot hole or rough spot in the road at the same time. It normally does not do it on big bumps like speed breakers. Here's a short video, but I hear it much better on my phone than in the youtube video.

Cummins3

Reaction score
I have the issue too. I took it to my dealer and they are saying it's my AMP Research side steps. I don't see any way that could be it. I'm going to have to go back I guess. It's absolutely driving me crazy. I don't even use the radio because I'm trying to hear where that sound is coming from. It seems to be around the back seat area or the bed. I usually notice it the most if I'm turning and hit a pot hole or rough spot in the road at the same time. It normally does not do it on big bumps like speed breakers. Here's a short video, but I hear it much better on my phone than in the youtube video.

I believe in another thread someone said the dealer fixed this noise with new apillar mounts... Some others said dealer changed theirs too and no fix.... I have yet to go in for mine

Found it

[/URL]

Front end clunk

1FastHemi

Reaction score

Attachments

• Error 404.png
    Error 404.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 10

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

I'm sorry that you are also experiencing this, @99ls1tj. If it would be of interest, I would be more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support while working with your dealer. Our team is just a private message away to get the process started.

Mark
RamCares

99ls1tj

Reaction score
I'm sorry that you are also experiencing this, @99ls1tj. If it would be of interest, I would be more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support while working with your dealer. Our team is just a private message away to get the process started.

Mark
RamCares

Thanks, getting my house painted this week. Will probably look into next week.

volcomrr

Reaction score
2019 Laramie, I have the same rattle as well, only happens when I go over rough pavement or something that can shake the truck. Coming from the back right of the cab. I've been following this thread for a while. I just realized this weekend I can lift up the fold flat back seat panels, and found I have more storage behind the drivers seat. On the passenger seat side in the rear is the sub woofer. Has anyone looked into the sub woofer being the root cause? It's placed with the sub facing up, so it may be resonating at the frequency of whatever we're driving over causing it to shake.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks, getting my house painted this week. Will probably look into next week.
Thank you for the follow up, please be sure to keep us posted!
2019 Laramie, I have the same rattle as well, only happens when I go over rough pavement or something that can shake the truck. Coming from the back right of the cab. I've been following this thread for a while. I just realized this weekend I can lift up the fold flat back seat panels, and found I have more storage behind the drivers seat. On the passenger seat side in the rear is the sub woofer. Has anyone looked into the sub woofer being the root cause? It's placed with the sub facing up, so it may be resonating at the frequency of whatever we're driving over causing it to shake.
Hi @volcomrr - If at any point you decide to address this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for an additional layer of support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

GulfCoastRam

Reaction score
Hey @volcomrr, I at one point had most of the interior parts and panels removed from my brand new MegaCab because of a rattle. This included the whole storage bin and subwoofer behind the rear seats, it was coming from much deeper than there. There were no less than ten thigs I found that had the potential of creating a rattle and secured all of those items with no result.

The hunt to find where it was coming from moved to underneath the truck where I found another dozen things that may cause a rattle, securing them only to still exist. So I resorted to filming the undercarrige trying to pinpoint the noise and it is coming from the very aft cab mounts. I havent made it to the dealer to have it checked out yet but have discussed it with them and they claim to have no knowledge of an issue but there are plenty of people posting about it. If they ever have the parts available to perform all of the recalls I will have them address the rattle while it is in for those. I have attached the link to the video below again.

volcomrr

Reaction score
Thank you for the follow up, please be sure to keep us posted!

Hi @volcomrr - If at any point you decide to address this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for an additional layer of support through that process.

Mark
RamCares
Mark, thanks for the follow up. Will do!

Hey @volcomrr, I at one point had most of the interior parts and panels removed from my brand new MegaCab because of a rattle. This included the whole storage bin and subwoofer behind the rear seats, it was coming from much deeper than there. There were no less than ten thigs I found that had the potential of creating a rattle and secured all of those items with no result.

The hunt to find where it was coming from moved to underneath the truck where I found another dozen things that may cause a rattle, securing them only to still exist. So I resorted to filming the undercarrige trying to pinpoint the noise and it is coming from the very aft cab mounts. I havent made it to the dealer to have it checked out yet but have discussed it with them and they claim to have no knowledge of an issue but there are plenty of people posting about it. If they ever have the parts available to perform all of the recalls I will have them address the rattle while it is in for those. I have attached the link to the video below again.

GCR, thanks for the info. I had seen the video you posted before, but was just throwing out an alternative since some people were having them replaced and still having the rattle. Once this COVID calms down, I plan on taking mine in for the recalls and mention this to them.... with the video :)

GulfCoastRam

Reaction score
Mark, thanks for the follow up. Will do!

GCR, thanks for the info. I had seen the video you posted before, but was just throwing out an alternative since some people were having them replaced and still having the rattle. Once this COVID calms down, I plan on taking mine in for the recalls and mention this to them.... with the video :)

I will remain optomistic that it will be addressed and corrected. This is my fourth MegaCab, fifth Ram and have had many other Chrysler made vehicles over the last 28 years. Most of them have had at least one gremlin any many of them remained at the end of my ownership, including my last Ram. It had two issues that were never resolved during the three years I drove it and forget about getting Ram customer care involved because it is apparently offensive to the service department at the dealership. I made that mistake after a lengthy ordeal on a driveline issue, the dealer went to avoiding me and no other dealer would work on it because they had and it had a case opened on it.

99ls1tj

Reaction score

I'm curious how you mounted that. A magnetic mount? I may resort to the same idea.

flan

Reaction score
Guys with the “refrigerator compressor jiggle” noise by the back seat, I think we have been looking in the wrong spot. For the last week I have driven almost a thousand miles and not heard it once. Only thing different I have done is have a Rubbermaid tote in the bed of my truck at the front of the bed filled with about 150lbs of oak 4x4 pieces I put in there for firewood. I now think the jingle is coming from the bed, not cab. Try it out, put some weight forward hit some bumps and see if it goes away.

Attachments

• F60F9A10-69AF-45B5-B235-D21C62757496.jpeg
    F60F9A10-69AF-45B5-B235-D21C62757496.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 061D7BCF-3695-496A-931F-58D3775C60B4.jpeg
    061D7BCF-3695-496A-931F-58D3775C60B4.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 21

99ls1tj

Reaction score
Guys with the “refrigerator compressor jiggle” noise by the back seat, I think we have been looking in the wrong spot. For the last week I have driven almost a thousand miles and not heard it once. Only thing different I have done is have a Rubbermaid tote in the bed of my truck at the front of the bed filled with about 150lbs of oak 4x4 pieces I put in there for firewood. I now think the jingle is coming from the bed, not cab. Try it out, put some weight forward hit some bumps and see if it goes away.

I love that explanation of the sound. That’s spot on. I’m definitely going to try the weight and see what happens.

GulfCoastRam

Reaction score
I love that explanation of the sound. That’s spot on. I’m definitely going to try the weight and see what happens.
It does sound very much like the rattle a compressor makes when jarred. I carry a fair amount of permanently affixed weight in the head of bed and mine still rattles like hell.

Attachments

• 2020-06-05-17-51-40.jpg
    2020-06-05-17-51-40.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 17

99ls1tj

Reaction score
10 bags of wet mulch. I’m guessing 200-250 lbs. Rattle still there, although it did sound a little different.

Attachments

• CAEFB7AC-2D63-41D2-9C07-47FF28BC65AF.jpeg
    CAEFB7AC-2D63-41D2-9C07-47FF28BC65AF.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 18

99ls1tj

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is my rattle. 7 second mark. Hard to say for sure where it's coming from. Looks like it might be the body mount.

Users who are viewing this thread