Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle Noise In Cab

DrQ

Reaction score
Just took my 2021 Laramie in on Tuesday.
Day 1: We found the problem, need to order a body mount
Day 2: Replaced body mount, still rattles, need to order another
Day 3: See day 2.

I asked why they didn't just order all the mounts immediately and then send back the ones they don't use. Response was that FCA is rationing distribution of them so they can't order anything until "the engineers" approve it. At least the dealer is offering me a loaner if it's not done by noon Friday. It's mind-blowing that this same problem has been going on for literally years and they haven't solved it.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I've discovered a low rattling noise coming from the driver's side vent next to the window. I think it's more profound at highway speeds. I thought at first it might be speaker-related but ruled that out. I believe it's the vent because when I apply pressure (push) to the vent the noise stops. Has anyone experienced this? The vent itself doesn't seem loose but it's definitely coming from the vent.

Subduedracer

Reaction score
I replaced my cab mounts this summer. The noise came back. I then watched the video shared again of the cab mount noise. I thought I would give an idea I've had a chance. I removed the bolt from the rear driverside mount. Then I put bearing grease in the tube where the bolt goes. I also put grease on the washer where it touches the mount. So far, no more noise. I took it out to rough roads and it isn't making the noise. I'll circle back after a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread