Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Topsoil

Reaction score
Dropped the truck off yesterday (Monday) morning and was told they'd need it until Wednesday. Got a call today just before noon that it was ready for pickup a day early. Drove it 3 miles home from the dealer and didn't notice any difference. The dealer gave me a new 1500 from Enterprise while they had mine, that new Uconnect 5 and wireless Carplay is pretty sweet.

72guy

Reaction score
More good news from my dealership. 2019 3500 HO SRW

Confirmed truck, do to previous recalls, can’t get pump replaced yet
No word from RAM when to expect pump replacement
Their only Diesel Tech quit and no idea of new replacement

Being a “ glass half full “ sort of person. I’m hopeful the dealership will have a new Tech on board when the pump becomes available. Maybe this is enough BS to get me to pull the trigger on an S&S pump and submit the bill to RAM. My only thought there is, if a factory replacement pump has specific installation requirements due to computer programming. Wouldn’t the S&S pump have the same requirements? Happy Holidays

RVTRKN

Reaction score
As I remember, the S&S retrofit doesn't require ECM updates or programing, but the OE replacement must deal with EPA guidelines.

72guy

Reaction score
As I remember, the S&S retrofit doesn't require ECM updates or programing, but the OE replacement must deal with EPA guidelines.
Thanks for the feedback. My only thought there would be that the S&S No Tune Kit is 50 State Emissions Compliant. Or at least they were submitting for that certification. If so, they’re dealing with the same EPA guidelines.

I’m not totally committed to going that route but I think I’ll call S&S and see what they say. Any news and I’ll report back.

Wileykid

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. My only thought there would be that the S&S No Tune Kit is 50 State Emissions Compliant. Or at least they were submitting for that certification. If so, they’re dealing with the same EPA guidelines.

I’m not totally committed to going that route but I think I’ll call S&S and see what they say. Any news and I’ll report back.
They say on the website that they have the CARB approval done. At this point, if RAM is still doing the reimbursements, I may just do this. I would like the change prior to this summer, and it doesn't seem the '19's will even start prior to that. I am not worried that it will fail, just that if it did, the truck could be down for 3+ months.

Reaction score
Update: Truck was supposed to go in on Dec. 1. Got a call yesterday that they need to reschedule. The had advisor scheduled two hours for this job when they say they need it for 4 hours. He said they have to drop the entire tank and what not.

Dec. 15 is new date.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Update: Truck was supposed to go in on Dec. 1. Got a call yesterday that they need to reschedule. The had advisor scheduled two hours for this job when they say they need it for 4 hours. He said they have to drop the entire tank and what not.

Dec. 15 is new date.
"Have to drop the entire tank"?? Is he assuming your hpfp crapped out? If it did you wouldn't be driving it now.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Apparently.
If it's just a pump, it's 1/2 a day work maybe 4 hrs if they're quick. If it's a full kit, I dunno, days at least.

Reaction score
"Have to drop the entire tank"?? Is he assuming your hpfp crapped out? If it did you wouldn't be driving it now.
Ya i dunno. He went on to list a whole host of things that need to be done to complete the recall lol.
Also would be more than 4 hrs, the dealer is clueless aparently
It's pretty funny considering they've already completed this recall repair on a few trucks.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Ya i dunno. He went on to list a whole host of things that need to be done to complete the recall lol.

It's pretty funny considering they've already completed this recall repair on a few trucks.
This is why service advisors should have a minimum of 2 years as a mechanic so they dont look stupid or tell the customer wrong info it happens far too often

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Yay! That's a Christmas gift for y'all.
I'd be interested to know what is the differences in the recall between the 19 and 20 M.Y.

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
Am I reading this wrong? Is it saying the 2019s are no longer valid for pump exchange? OR is it saying get my 2019 scheduled because software and parts are ready?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Am I reading this wrong? Is it saying the 2019s are no longer valid for pump exchange? OR is it saying get my 2019 scheduled because software and parts are ready?
It says 19s now have a remedy available

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Software supposedly.
Yeah I'm aware of that. Wondering what in the software is different. Should I take my '19 back in for them to reflash with this newer software, will it make anything better or worse?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yeah I'm aware of that. Wondering what in the software is different. Should I take my '19 back in for them to reflash with this newer software, will it make anything better or worse?
No im sure the software is the same for calibration wise just that the flash is now not conflicting with past flashes

Users who are viewing this thread