Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

ccm3rd

Reaction score
Pump replacement is completed! All seems to be functioning as it was before the leak occured. Job bills out at 1.2 hours which is surprising but the previous recall work had relocated the ECM so I guess it becomes a simpler R&R job. Regardless it's all fixed up.

Things I learned during the process and things I'd do differently next time:
  1. Expect the repair to take a while and not a few days. I feel for the folks having the Aisin trans issues on later models.
  2. Get a rental truck (not a rental car) for the duration of the repair. I had a Hemi Charger which was fun to drive but also rented a Home Depot truck twice during my repairs and had no means of moving my 5th wheel which was the reason I purchased the truck in the first place.
  3. When working with the corporate case manager, let them know warrantee repairs taking longer than 30 days allows the owner to start the buy back process. Corporate doesn't want to buy back vehicles and will take extra steps to fix the problem prior to starting a buy back. I got that info from the case manager directly during one of our rare phone conversations.

Highcountry

Reaction score
I first called about getting in for the recall in spring of 22. In the summer of 22 I called and asked again and was told they'd make sure I was on the list. I had my last free oil change done in the fall and was told they were still slow in receiving parts and I was still in line. A few weeks ago, I stopped by and talked with a service rep i hadn't spoken to before. I explained all the past conversations and asked him what it was going to take to get this recall done? He scheduled me right them for June 5th and told me to plan to leave it for 3 days. I got a call yesterday afternoon that it was done already. I guess that means everything went smoothly. Hopefully all the recalls are taken care of and there's no change in performance (unless of course it's better). It will be nice to not have the pump on my mind

Highcountry

Reaction score
Too bad you couldn't have them push it a day or two and had it done on 6.7 day like I did. ;)
that's pretty cool. I was just glad to get it done along with the other three recalls. Glad to report everything felt fine on the way home

McHenry2500

Reaction score
LOOOOOOOONG awaited update, but now over a year later I'm finally scheduled to drop off my 2019 in about a week to have the CP4 conversion recall done. According to the service dept guys, the 2019's were pretty low on the priority list for FCA and dealerships. Estimated time without my truck is about 3 days. I'll update this thread when I have it back.

JDison

Reaction score
I finally broke down and scheduled the fuel pump replacement for my 2019 2500 and had a question for those that been through it already. I've made several changes to my truck that required changing settings in the BCM and I'm assuming that during the process the various computers will get reset to factory. Not looking forward to it but I can put them back but there a couple that concern me regarding drivability to get it home, specifically Led headlights and Led tail light/blind spot monitoring. Are these going to be sit in dealership parking lot and reprogram or is the truck just going to be really unhappy but still safe to drive home. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I finally broke down and scheduled the fuel pump replacement for my 2019 2500 and had a question for those that been through it already. I've made several changes to my truck that required changing settings in the BCM and I'm assuming that during the process the various computers will get reset to factory. Not looking forward to it but I can put them back but there a couple that concern me regarding drivability to get it home, specifically Led headlights and Led tail light/blind spot monitoring. Are these going to be sit in dealership parking lot and reprogram or is the truck just going to be really unhappy but still safe to drive home. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

I had the fuel pump procedure done with BCM changes active. I didn't lose any BCM settings because that module doesn't need to be updated. However, I would let your service advisor know you don't want the BCM updated even if it's out-of-date without discussing it with you first.

steve49

Reaction score
The BCM has nothing to do with the drive tran system ECM/TCM, and didnt effect any of my settings. I wouldn't say anything to the dealer at all, who knows how they might react to you getting into the vehicle system and making changes?

JDison

Reaction score
Thank you, that's the answer I was hoping for. When I talked with my service advisor this morning I asked about it but he didn't seem very knowledgeable about the details, just that they had to update the programing because of the change from the CP4 to CP3. Also said I had an Emissions Recalibration that was also needed. Haven't had time to look into this one yet.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Dealer has no reason to flash the BCM.

Only the PCM gets flashed.

Also, you can backup the current config settings to a file that can be used to restore if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread