Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox on HD vs 1500

PotvinSux

Reaction score
I know the HD did not receive the same Rambox as the 1500. I'm assuming the 1500 can be locked and unlocked by pressing the black button next to the Rambox keyhole. On the HD, there isn't a button.

- Will the HD Rambox lock and unlock by using the keyfob or button on the cab doors?
- Will the keyfob, in proximity of the vehicle, open the HD Rambox by pressing the keyhole button?

MyFavreInABox

Reaction score
Ramboxes lock/unlock with the doors. Note for the passive/keyless entry pushing the latch button on the Ramboxes wont open them; you have to go to the door handle first to get everything to unlock.

PotvinSux

Reaction score
Ramboxes lock/unlock with the doors. Note for the passive/keyless entry pushing the latch button on the Ramboxes wont open them; you have to go to the door handle first to get everything to unlock.

Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks

Is there a button on the tailgate that performs the lock/unlock function for the entire truck? Sorry for the questions. Don't feel like being hassled by salesmen at the dealership yet.

huff2462

Reaction score
Yes, when you hit the unlock button on the key fob, it unlocks the doors, tailgate, and RAMBoxes together.

Opposite is true when you hit the lock button.

MyFavreInABox

Reaction score
Tailgate has a button that will unlock and open the tailgate (if key is near on trucks with passive entry) but not the other doors. I don’t believe it will lock without using key fob or door buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread