Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox Lock Issue

Bwazza

Reaction score
2020 2500 Limited with rambox. Rambox's aren't locking electronically. Anyone else had this issue?

Rgory

Reaction score
Is it making noise but not physically locking? If so I believe it is a common failure as a plastic clip breaks on the actuator.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Haven’t had that issue on mine yet. Love the boxes though

Bwazza

Reaction score
Is it making noise but not physically locking? If so I believe it is a common failure as a plastic clip breaks on the actuator.
Yes that's exactly what it's doing.

2001WS6

Reaction score
I had mine break 3 times on my Power Wagon. I finally gave up and unplugged the motor to each side and used the key.

CVDaddy

Reaction score
Sorry, that's not a write up. Basically, remove the 5 10mm bolts that hold the lock mechanism. Don't remove the phillips screws, they hold pieces to the other side of the plastic. Look for the broken green piece of plastic, replace it, put back together.

MegaStro

Reaction score
Its a pretty easy fix, had to do it a couple times on my old truck and once on my uncles truck. They need to make these clips out of metal or something besides the plastic. They are pretty cheap, order a dozen and throw them in the glove box.

segundo

Reaction score
2020 2500 Limited con rambox. Los Rambox no se bloquean electrónicamente. ¿Alguien mas ha tenido este problema?
soy de Argentina y tengo una laramie 2500 2020 con ram box a los 6 meses el ram box del lado conductor dejo de funcionar la traba electrica eso es producto de que el perno de plastico negro se suelta de la arandela y hace que no trabe la cerradura lo que hice fue reemplazar el perno de plastico negro por un tornillo negro del mismo tamaño y la arandela la reemplace por una tuerca quedo 10 puntos y anda perfecto

Users who are viewing this thread