Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Truck Sales Up 56% In June, Handily Beats Silverado:

Admin

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_0017.jpg

June was a record month for the Ram Brand, with pickup sales up 56% over June of last year. For the month Ram sold 68,098 pickups marking the third month that Ram has sold over 60,000 trucks in a single month since December.

“For the first-half of 2019, Ram has been on a tear since we made the strategic decision to enter the year with a three-truck strategy. The new Ram 1500, Ram Classic and Heavy Duty are all generating a huge response from customers and critics alike,” Head of U.S. Sales Reid Bigland said. “This is now the third month Ram pickup sales have surpassed 60,000 since December. Our dealers had a steady stream of customers all month long.”
The Ram Brand as a whole also had their best month since they were launched as a standalone division back in 2009. Overall sales for the brand including the ProMaster and ProMaster City were up to 75,227 in June up 45% from last June when they moved 51,729 units total.

2019 Ram 3500 Big Horn Sport Dually (HDRams)

Ram is blowing away the industry average with a sales gain so far through this year of 28%, and a monthly increase of 56.4% while all other competitors are down (we won’t know Fords numbers until tomorrow). Ram has sold 299,480 pickups so far this year with 179,454 of those sold during the second quarter. This puts Ram squarely in the second place spot in sales behind Fords F150 and continuing to pull away from Chevrolets Silverado. Even if you combined the Silverado and Sierras numbers for the month, they still come up roughly 1500 units short of Ram. Here is the Break down for June and the first half of the year:

Brand Sales​
June ‘19​
June ‘18​
Change​
Ford F-series​
Reports Jul 3​
Reports Jul 3​
Reports Jul 3​
Ram Pickups​
68098​
43542​
56.40%​
Chevrolet Silverado​
47488​
51843​
-8.40%​
GMC Sierra​
18953​
19802​
-4.30%​
Toyota Tundra​
9878​
9955​
-0.80%​
Nissan Titan​
2665​
4121​
-35.30%​
Brand Sales​
2019​
2018​
% Change​
Ford F-series​
Reports Jul 3​
Reports Jul 3​
Reports Jul 3​
Ram Pickups​
299480​
233539​
28.00%​
Chevrolet Silverado​
256777​
291074​
-11.80%​
GMC Sierra​
97403​
100874​
-3.40%​
Toyota Tundra​
54497​
55792​
-2.30%​
Nissan Titan​
18026​
23294​
-22.60%​

This is also FCAs last monthly sales report as they are switching to quarterly sales reports as Ford and GM already have so we won’t have any more sales numbers until October. One thing is for sure Ram is gaining market share at an amazing pace.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
I really like my Ram and Challenger, but it pains me to see how far GM has fallen and the fact they don't seem to have any idea how to stop the fall in either the cars or trucks. It just seems like they are clueless.

Camaro as we know it gone in 2023, Corvette becoming a supercar that will be unobtainable for most mortals, and building the ugliest HD pickup ever. They need to get back to car guys running things rather than focus groups.

Meanwhile FCA really seems to keep hitting homeruns. I hope they stay profitable and viable in the modern market.

Admin

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like my Ram and Challenger, but it pains me to see how far GM has fallen and the fact they don't seem to have any idea how to stop the fall in either the cars or trucks. It just seems like they are clueless.

Camaro as we know it gone in 2023, Corvette becoming a supercar that will be unobtainable for most mortals, and building the ugliest HD pickup ever. They need to get back to car guys running things rather than focus groups.

Meanwhile FCA really seems to keep hitting homeruns. I hope they stay profitable and viable in the modern market.

GM is incredibly lost, I wish I could say I cared but I don't. I've never owned a GM that hadn't had a catastrophic failure, whether that be engine replacement, trans replacement etc. Luckily I caught the last one before it was too late and traded it in. I'll never own a GM again.

I try to remain unbiased to all brands but I will openly admit to being biased against GM which is why I generally refrain from talking about them.

Heckyl

Reaction score
I have owned Chevy, Ford, Toyota, and Ram pickups and after my last 3 beings Rams, I think I’m Ram forever. As far as
Chevrolet, there is no way I could own and drive a Chevy or GMC now because of their commercials! I have been watching Chevy’s Super Dweeb spokesladyman with their “real people not actors” actors trying to play me and everyone else as a fool. Those frikin weirdo actors don’t even have a job... so I am supposed to value their opinion! I love (not) how they dress them up and sometimes put hats on the guys with no logo on it... Nobody wears a frikin ball cap with no logo on it...pitiful!
Now GMC has a commercial out that shows their new tailgate and actors dropping their jaws ( like a tailgate ) when they see the GMC tailgate. They are playing me as a fool again. Maybe someone might drop their jaw in horror! It is very obvious to me that Chevy and GMC are targeting total idiots.... or they are total idiots, not sure. When I hear and see that Chevy
Spokesladyman on TV I feel the need to throw up shoot my TV with a shotgun.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
GM is incredibly lost, I wish I could say I cared but I don't. I've never owned a GM that hadn't had a catastrophic failure, whether that be engine replacement, trans replacement etc. Luckily I caught the last one before it was too late and traded it in. I'll never own a GM again.

I try to remain unbiased to all brands but I will openly admit to being biased against GM which is why I generally refrain from talking about them.

I drove nothing but GM products untill the mid 2000s. I really think the LS engine series is one of the greatest engines ever designed. That being said, I agree that they are lost.

The new FCA products blow the GM stuff out of the water. The interior of the new trucks look like a 5th grader designed them compared to the new Ram. The new Chevy truck is hideous. No other word to descrjbe it.....hideous.

The 6th Gen Camaro really missed the mark.

I have become pretty loyal to FCA. I think the trucks are second to none in quality. The styling strikes me as stunning. I really like both my truck and Challenger. But, I still don't want to see GM go away.

Last edited:

Admin

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I drove nothing but GM products untill the mid 2000s. I really think the LS engine series is one of the greatest engines ever designed. That being said, I agree that they are lost.

The new FCA products blow the GM stuff out of the water. The interior of the new trucks look like a 5th grader designed them compared to the new Ram. The new Chevy truck is hideous. No other word to descrjbe it.....hideous.

The 6th Gen Camaro really missed the mark.

I have become pretty loyal to FCA. I think the trucks are second to none in quality. The styling strikes me as stunning. I really like both my truck and Challenger. But, I still don't want to see GM go away.

I definitely wouldn't want to see GM go away, but I think they're reaping what they sow right now. They need to cut the "we know better than everyone else, we are going to do it this way and you're gonna like it" crap and smarten up.

Users who are viewing this thread