Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio

rfail49

Reaction score
I been browsing around and from what I see there are no radio upgrade available for the 19 2500 that came with the 5.0 uconnect?

steve49

Reaction score
I've seen posts where an owner switched out to the OEM 8.4", may require a software system update. You have to change the center bezel to accommodate fitment, check out Infotainment.com.

rfail49

Reaction score
I would really just like a aftermarket set up and get away from factory stuff. What problems will I run into?

steve49

Reaction score
Don't really know, but with some of your vehicle controls being in the settings section of the radio, that may cause a problem with the aftermarket. Everything is now computerized and linked together through out the vehicle systems.

Squatch

Reaction score
My guess is just to give it time and eventually maestro or something like that will link all the options through an aftermarket deck. There is nothing out there right now but some no name brands on amazon that I wouldn’t trust.

Squatch

Reaction score
Just found the Alpine X009-Ram, but having trouble figuring out if it will fit my truck. I don’t see why it wouldn’t. It has a hefty price tag though.

Squatch

Reaction score
I looked into this a bit further, it looks like the most current option is alpine X008U. However, I datalink maestro has all the functionality except for the backup camera, which I consider a pretty big deal. Hopefully I datalink maestro will figure out that programming at some point.

rfail49

Reaction score
I went ahead and had a shop install a kenwood unit and so far I love it. I never adjusted the settings for the vehicle anyways so it didn't really bother me. Installed after market back up cam and let it ride. So far so good. Waiting on sub box to ship before moving foward

Squatch

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know what the uconnect 5” radio output per channel is? I can’t find it anywhere. Would be useful for swapping in new speakers without fiddling around with an amp install.

Huntet02

Reaction score
For my 2020 I found Infotainment upgrades on utube…….try this

I’m looking for better sounding speakers - unfortunately we had to buy the tradesman for our farm work but I’m going crazy missing my Bose ‘ sound …..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Huntet02

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know what the uconnect 5” radio output per channel is? I can’t find it anywhere. Would be useful for swapping in new speakers without fiddling around with an amp install.

Let me know what u get I’m in market now for new speakers, my tradesman radio/ speakers setup isn’t gonna work for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread