Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality of Factory Spray Liner

savaytse66

Reaction score
I am just wondering how everyone's experience has been with the factor spray liner. On my last two trucks, I've had an aftermarket liner sprayed on. My RAM dealer, through which I will be ordering, suggested doing the delete and having it done locally. The thing is, the delete is only worth $195, but the aftermarket will likely cost around $400. I would gladly pay the extra if quality is that much better, but I have no idea if this would be the case.

It is not uncommon for me to toss in rocks, steel t-posts, etc., so I definitely take advantage of the utility of the bed.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 80

I have never heard anyone say anything negative about the factory liner. I hate to say it, but I would guess there is more in it for the dealer by having the local guy do it.

savaytse66

Reaction score
I have never heard anyone say anything negative about the factory liner. I hate to say it, but I would guess there is more in it for the dealer by having the local guy do it.

Yeah, I didn't want to say that out loud, but he's definitely got some pull with local dealers of every stripe. I've had 3 different dealers refer me to him: a GMC, RAM, and Ford, all owned by different entities.

Reaction score
Sounds like a kickback to me if the dealer referred you to a specific vendor. In my area, you have to go different places for licensed installers of Rino VS Line-X, and which of those you'd choose is very much personal preference.

jpaeth

Reaction score
The factory liner in my '15 1500 has been solid. I was skeptical about it at first because it is a bit thinner than an aftermarket liner. But after 4 years of use, it has held up flawlessly.

jpaeth

Reaction score
The factory liner in my '15 1500 has been solid. I was skeptical about it at first because it is a bit thinner than an aftermarket liner. But after 4 years of use, it has held up flawlessly.
Now that I have my new 3500, the factory bed liner is spot on. Even thicker application than my 2015 and the application is perfect. very happy

Don-T

Reaction score
I have had the factory spray in liner on several trucks now. They have all been great, no issues with any of them.

jakebrake

Reaction score
I took delivery of a 2018 3500 DRW and I thought it looked VG

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I am just wondering how everyone's experience has been with the factor spray liner. On my last two trucks, I've had an aftermarket liner sprayed on. My RAM dealer, through which I will be ordering, suggested doing the delete and having it done locally. The thing is, the delete is only worth $195, but the aftermarket will likely cost around $400. I would gladly pay the extra if quality is that much better, but I have no idea if this would be the case.

It is not uncommon for me to toss in rocks, steel t-posts, etc., so I definitely take advantage of the utility of the bed.

Thanks
Mine looks great on 2016 and now 2019 too

retired.skidkid

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but if it helps for any future researchers, I took my truck to a LineX installer for some other parts. He hadn't had his hands on a 19 2500 yet, and looked it over. He commented that the factory liner was pretty darn good. I'm going to screw up the mils thing, but he stated that many factory liners are about 20 mils, and he sprays to about 100. Mine was at 60. Some of the finer details were the liner going over the edge of the bed to avoid scrapes and dents as you push something in and it snags after going from tailgate to bed. He also mentioned the adherence of the liner to the bed. (He had a 19 Ranger in that the factory liner was peeling off the bed in very large sheets.) I even went so far as to ask him the cost to replace my current liner with his. He declined the offer and told me he'd be taking my money and the effort to remove the liner I had would be very difficult.

Hope it helps someone.

EZTundra77

Reaction score
My truck is about 3 months old and I have 2 places where the bed liner has been scraped off. This aint no driveway queen, but I had hoped for bettwer. I believe I was sliding 6x6 posts out of the bed that scraped the liner off.

Users who are viewing this thread