Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PW coils on a Tradesman

Demaggg

Reaction score
Hello , hope everyone is healthy.
I have a 2019 2500 Tradesman with the snow plow package. I’m pretty sure the window sticker calls it the Snow Chief package. My issue is with the ride, or lack there of. It’s hard as a rock, to the point that the back seat jumps up and down over any kind of bump. It wasn’t until my kids sat back there that I figured out what was making the all the noise. I know the PW is rated less in payload and towing so I’m thinking the coils are a bit softer, single rate instead of dual maybe? I’m Sure swapping out the coils is not difficult but I’m wondering if there are other differences other than shocks. I know lots of after market stuff is out there but all that I’ve found are 2 lift or more. Looking to keep the front end pretty much where it is. Any thoughts? The truck is great except for the hard ride. Thanks

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hello , hope everyone is healthy.
I have a 2019 2500 Tradesman with the snow plow package. I’m pretty sure the window sticker calls it the Snow Chief package. My issue is with the ride, or lack there of. It’s hard as a rock, to the point that the back seat jumps up and down over any kind of bump. It wasn’t until my kids sat back there that I figured out what was making the all the noise. I know the PW is rated less in payload and towing so I’m thinking the coils are a bit softer, single rate instead of dual maybe? I’m Sure swapping out the coils is not difficult but I’m wondering if there are other differences other than shocks. I know lots of after market stuff is out there but all that I’ve found are 2 lift or more. Looking to keep the front end pretty much where it is. Any thoughts? The truck is great except for the hard ride. Thanks
Do you have a diesel or gas? If you have a diesel the pw coils are a no go if its gas you can just swap out the coils nothing else is required.

Demaggg

Reaction score
Do you have a diesel or gas? If you have a diesel the pw coils are a no go if its gas you can just swap out the coils nothing else is required.
Thanks for the reply. Gas motor. Just go toff a Mopar parts site, there are a bunch of front coils listed and several seemed to fit the Power Wagon, I never got around to looking at the rears. I'm not seeing a way to check the weight ratings. The dealer is no help at all with part numbers. I may visit a dealership and grab a vin off a Power Wagon.

jadmt

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Gas motor. Just go toff a Mopar parts site, there are a bunch of front coils listed and several seemed to fit the Power Wagon, I never got around to looking at the rears. I'm not seeing a way to check the weight ratings. The dealer is no help at all with part numbers. I may visit a dealership and grab a vin off a Power Wagon.
my 2020 PW has rears 68091203AB and 68349071AA fronts

KeggerTx

Reaction score
PW coils will ride better but you’ll have less payload capacity. I was going to buy a PW until I saw the towing and payload capacity was lower than non PW models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demaggg

Reaction score
Thanks to all that replied and for the part numbers. I’ll compare the numbers and see if the loss of capacity is worth the trouble. I’m hesitant to go aftermarket not knowing what happens if I have a warranty issue. I know a few people with Carli lifts and the love them but their front coils are 2.5” lift the truck sits slightly higher in the back when pulling our travel trailer. Thanks again for the help.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Would be a lot cheaper to just throw some weight in the back and lower your tire pressure a little bit when not towing.

delmoniCO

Reaction score
Thanks to all that replied and for the part numbers. I’ll compare the numbers and see if the loss of capacity is worth the trouble. I’m hesitant to go aftermarket not knowing what happens if I have a warranty issue. I know a few people with Carli lifts and the love them but their front coils are 2.5” lift the truck sits slightly higher in the back when pulling our travel trailer. Thanks again for the help.

Aftermarket coil springs aren't going to impact any part of your warranty any more than putting PW coils on a non-PW truck.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Aftermarket coil springs aren't going to impact any part of your warranty any more than putting PW coils on a non-PW truck.
If you have a part with a mopar part sticker they dont look twice but if its aftermarket they complain

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
LOL. You've still lifted the truck from its OEM configuration. If your dealer is that persnickety you should find a new one.
Power wagon coils are the same height as a stock tradesman they are just less spring rate

Users who are viewing this thread