Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push Button Start and Key fob

Scrambler

Reaction score
Started a couple of days ago, when I press the start button I get a message on the dash to push the button with key fob. The key fob is in my packet about a foot away from the start button. What's the issue?

krazy302

Reaction score
usually means battery in fob is starting to get low. it will unlock doors as it a one way communication, but when it looks to start truck it's a 2 way communication between rf hub and key fob..

Reaction score
Started a couple of days ago, when I press the start button I get a message on the dash to push the button with key fob. The key fob is in my packet about a foot away from the start button. What's the issue?

sstoner911

Reaction score
I just had an issue with my FOB. It would start the truck but not Lock or Unlock. I swapped the battery from my second FOB which was working, and it still would not work. Scheduled an appointment with the dealer and when I got tot he dealer 4 days later it magically worked for them.

They did pull a code from the truck saying the FOB had a low battery so they are going to do an oil change and change the battery, See if it gives them any issues.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had an issue with my FOB. It would start the truck but not Lock or Unlock. I swapped the battery from my second FOB which was working, and it still would not work. Scheduled an appointment with the dealer and when I got tot he dealer 4 days later it magically worked for them.

They did pull a code from the truck saying the FOB had a low battery so they are going to do an oil change and change the battery, See if it gives them any issues.

Are you aware there's a TSB to flash the RF HUB to fix unlock issues with remote start?

sstoner911

Reaction score
Are you aware there's a TSB to flash the RF HUB to fix unlock issues with remote start?
Well, my remote start wasn't working either...I did read a TSB on that in another forum but it looked like gas trucks only or it was 20 and 21s....o ne of those.

I could not start via remote start only push to start.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, my remote start wasn't working either...I did read a TSB on that in another forum but it looked like gas trucks only or it was 20 and 21s....o ne of those.

I could not start via remote start only push to start.

I guess the part where you said, "I just had an issue with my FOB. It would start the truck but not Lock or Unlock. " confused me.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I guess the part where you said, "I just had an issue with my FOB. It would start the truck but not Lock or Unlock. " confused me.
Ya I should have clarified that. Dealer put a battery in and it's working so we will see if holds out for another couple years.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I had this issue last year. Swapped out battery in FOB and it worked fine. I was unaware the push to start required a 2-way communication but this makes sense now.

Users who are viewing this thread