Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projector headlights

snwrdr

Reaction score
Is there a better aftermarket headlight I can install on my 2016 PW? Standard beam to me does not project very far. I guess i could just keep driving with my high beams as most of the oncoming traffic doesn't seem to notice when I have them on... So many options for aftermarket and given the prices and some with little reviews hard to make a good choice.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Is there a better aftermarket headlight I can install on my 2016 PW? Standard beam to me does not project very far. I guess i could just keep driving with my high beams as most of the oncoming traffic doesn't seem to notice when I have them on... So many options for aftermarket and given the prices and some with little reviews hard to make a good choice.
Morimoto has a set of projector housings at a pretty price

tcedgar8

Reaction score
Morimoto has a set of projector housings at a pretty price
Agreed those are probably the only nice aftermarket lights from a box. The others all look cheap. Other option is a custom retro fit but it could cost just as much. If you have it done.

Easy enough to do your self. Though

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Agreed those are probably the only nice aftermarket lights from a box. The others all look cheap. Other option is a custom retro fit but it could cost just as much. If you have it done.

Easy enough to do your self. Though

Yea retrofits are great but getting everything to work with these new trucks can be a headache i have built my own retrofits for my old second gen and third gen was awesome if i could find a set of stock halogens cheap for my 19 i would consider trying it as i have everything to do it id run a highlow ds2 projector in the low side and a rigid cube on the otherside... or just buy the oem led reflectors as they are bright lol

tcedgar8

Reaction score
True enough. It's even a pain to upgrade headlights. I wouldn't mid a sent of 5th Gen headlights they make mine look like candles lol.

I have LED with projectors. People say go with HID but they are a hassle and probably $250 to get one that work well.

Nick

Reaction score
I bought HID from Diode dynamics for my 14 in 15 . They are still working well in 21 . Easy install and they worked .

Users who are viewing this thread