Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Progress of build

bobohio

Reaction score
Is there a website you can go to that tells you the progress of your build? I ordered my truck on Tuesday but haven't received an email yet stating that they got the order.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Negative. Your dealer can give you a VON (vehicle order number) and even better, a VIN should be issued within a week or so of the order being accepted.

Your best source of information is the dealer, however, if you're like me and do not want to drive him/her crazy, you can use your VON or VIN to do a live chat through the "contact us" link on ramtrucks.com and they can give you some updates. It's not the best, but, at least makes me feel like I am actively involved.... I have been in D status since the 9th and I get the same copy/paste status from them every time I check in (which is about every other day).

bobohio

Reaction score
ok, well I don't have a VIN yet so guess I'll have to wait for that

tastysuds

Reaction score
Negative. Your dealer can give you a VON (vehicle order number) and even better, a VIN should be issued within a week or so of the order being accepted.

Your best source of information is the dealer, however, if you're like me and do not want to drive him/her crazy, you can use your VON or VIN to do a live chat through the "contact us" link on ramtrucks.com and they can give you some updates. It's not the best, but, at least makes me feel like I am actively involved.... I have been in D status since the 9th and I get the same copy/paste status from them every time I check in (which is about every other day).

I would check in every other day too if I thought they would tell me something new but they never do. I think its a recording.... Lol

Don-T

Reaction score

This is what I have been doing. Now that the truck has been built the chat line people keep telling me the truck has been released for shipping and I need to get any further info from the dealer. The dealer is telling me the truck is waiting to be loaded on the train. He doesn’t know how long it will take.

bobohio

Reaction score
Finally got my VIN and VOD from dealer today...however went to the VOTS and plugged in my numbers and didn't get any info...just kept searching but never found anything...hopefully it will start working soon, maybe it's just because it updated in their system today. BTW here's the website if anyone is interested in tracking their build https://www.ramtrucks.com/en/mobile/vots/

Don-T

Reaction score
I don’t think that website works, hasn’t in a long time. I have my VON,VIN, Build Sheet, and Window Sticker but I don’t get anything from the link you supplied either. My truck was released for shipping a week ago. I was getting my information from the Chat Line but they are now telling my once my truck is released for shipping I need to get info from my dealer.

bobohio

Reaction score
I don’t think that website works, hasn’t in a long time. I have my VON,VIN, Build Sheet, and Window Sticker but I don’t get anything from the link you supplied either. My truck was released for shipping a week ago. I was getting my information from the Chat Line but they are now telling my once my truck is released for shipping I need to get info from my dealer.
Ok, thanks for the info :(

RAM20193500

Reaction score

Where'd you get the Window Sticker? Thank you!

Don-T

Reaction score
As I understand it, some show up quick and some take a couple of weeks. Maybe your dealer can get you a copy?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Finally got my VIN and VOD from dealer today...however went to the VOTS and plugged in my numbers and didn't get any info...just kept searching but never found anything...hopefully it will start working soon, maybe it's just because it updated in their system today. BTW here's the website if anyone is interested in tracking their build https://www.ramtrucks.com/en/mobile/vots/

It was mentioned on the 5thGEN forum that VOTS is a no longer functioning portal.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Got my window sticker a few min ago. Checked several times today, came available tonight.

For reference, build sheet should be available when the truck is built, somewhere between D1 and JB status. Mine came up on the 9th, sticker says truck build date was 4/10.

Window sticker didn't come up until after KZ.

Your VIN doesn't really exist until there is a build sheet. It's theoretical, you have it, but, FCA/Mopar doesn't acknowledge it except for build status stuff.

bobohio

Reaction score
Got my window sticker a few min ago. Checked several times today, came available tonight.

For reference, build sheet should be available when the truck is built, somewhere between D1 and JB status. Mine came up on the 9th, sticker says truck build date was 4/10.

Window sticker didn't come up until after KZ.

Your VIN doesn't really exist until there is a build sheet. It's theoretical, you have it, but, FCA/Mopar doesn't acknowledge it except for build status stuff.
No window sticker for me yet :( I'll check again in the morning

Users who are viewing this thread