Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with Trailer Cam 68257599AA

3500guy

Reaction score
I installed the bagged camera with that came with my '22 3500 Limited. Installation went well and was pleased with the view through the digital rear view mirror. About an hour into our first trip the mirror view reverted back to the cab cam showing the nose of our 5th wheel. Toggling the view toggle on the rear view mirror would make it work again for a short period of time. I rechecked my installation and was satisfied no crimps or cuts in the wiring. I questioned at the dealer if it was the mirror assy on the windshield as I could make it work by toggling the switch. Speaking to the mechanic after his diagnosis he was satisfied it was not the mirror assy and ordered a new plug connector assy in the bumper beside the license plate. Second trip out same thing after about an hour of driving. Pulled over to the side of the road and wiggled the connection at the bumper which made it work again so the problem is by my thinking at that connector. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it corrected? I'm now questioning if the problem is in the coax connector itself. I'll head back into the shop on Monday and try to order a new 50 foot coax cable if no other suggestions are made. I recently retired from the dealership and speaking to the service manager and the mechanic this was the first install of this nature we have had in the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread