Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

kevin588127

Reaction score
Amazing how much cheaper the ‘22 is over the ‘23, just looking at base price.
It gets worse as many of the options prices have increased. Even worse when you find out that some options have been removed from lower trims. My 22 BH had a 61k sticker when ordered in Jan 22. Today I would have to order a larimie to get some of the options and the sticker would be around 71k and no digital mirror.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
It gets worse as many of the options prices have increased. Even worse when you find out that some options have been removed from lower trims. My 22 BH had a 61k sticker when ordered in Jan 22. Today I would have to order a larimie to get some of the options and the sticker would be around 71k and no digital mirror.
And no fender flares which, to me, just looks weird.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Oh yes, my 22 Laramie built in Dec 2021 was 62,600 MSRP. I got the sport package, 4WD package, Snow Chief package and bucket seats while now, the same or roughly equivalent unit is well into the 70's and the base unit is higher than what I paid with some good stuff I wanted on it. I "build" them off and on on the Ram site just to see and have noted how they are stripping the Big Horn and making it so they almost force you to go to a higher trim to get what you want...taking off must haves and nice trim like the fender flares...AND, they won't even let you order them with lower trims...

Reaction score
I've purchased multiple vehicles with them. always had a great experience, and yes the prices are usually the best in the nation.
I have no idea whom you are talking about. It's helpful to use the quote or reply buttons in a post so the context is automatically pasted in, like I did with your post.

jjw1033

Reaction score
Ordered my first RAM truck today, 3500 HD Crew Cab w/ 8' bed, and had a question on final pricing. I know there are members who been ordering trucks for a long period of time, so I'm hoping this increases my sample size slightly to not only include those who have ordered in the past couple years with the volatile market. But has anyone EVER had the final sale price, once the truck arrived to the dealer, be LOWER than what was quoted when the order was placed? I've heard from many dealers that the price you pay could be lower or higher than what was quoted, but is being "lower" even a realistic option? Or is it more along the lines of you pay what was quoted (best case scenario) or higher? Just wondering, as I know the likely hood of the price of my order being higher is far greater than the other side. Thanks!

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered my first RAM truck today, 3500 HD Crew Cab w/ 8' bed, and had a question on final pricing. I know there are members who been ordering trucks for a long period of time, so I'm hoping this increases my sample size slightly to not only include those who have ordered in the past couple years with the volatile market. But has anyone EVER had the final sale price, once the truck arrived to the dealer, be LOWER than what was quoted when the order was placed? I've heard from many dealers that the price you pay could be lower or higher than what was quoted, but is being "lower" even a realistic option? Or is it more along the lines of you pay what was quoted (best case scenario) or higher? Just wondering, as I know the likely hood of the price of my order being higher is far greater than the other side. Thanks!
If RAM called us back and said they had to remove options, sometimes there could be a credit applied (right now on some Jeep GCs there is a credit for dropping the differential that should've been standard).
Other times, things change, and no price change smh.

Unlike what Tesla did, and is paying dearly for in terms of reputation with their buyers, I don't think they'd ever REDUCE the overall vehicle price. If anything, if they felt necessary, they use the rebates/incentives to throttle the pricing nationally and regionally to get it where they want to be. This is done in concert (or conflict I suppose) with their own price increases, interest rates, market studies, etc.

phatboy64

Reaction score
My recent order was a few hundred lower them what was quoted on the original order sheet….and nothing was removed or changed.

jebruns

Reaction score
As mentioned, rebates and other dealer incentives could lower the price when the truck arrives. But it should never be higher, at least from a reputable dealer. The dealer price is locked once the order is placed, even if the sticker price takes an increase while it's being built. I'd make sure to get that part in writing.

techman

Reaction score
If you have a signed POC, that is the price you should be paying.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Picked up my ordered 2022 2500 LoneStar 6.7 last week. I was locked in at $75,460 which was MSRP when i placed the order. With rebates and Family/Friends pricing i got $10,571 off which equals right at 14% off MSRP. Ended up at $70,074 out the door. That included ttl, doc fees and $590 for LoJack and window etching.

Redfour5

Reaction score
No joke.... I thought I got an OK deal in March 2022 with it built in Dec. 2021... I got a Laramie with the 4X4 offroad, Sport and snow chief packages at like 63,600 MSRP and I got one K off for trading in my 2021 1500 BTS AND that dealer 500 miles away beat my local dealer by almost 3K on the trade in separately... I kept building my truck on the Ram site and a year later it was right at 10K more MSRP than mine from a year earlier... OK, the new mirrors are nice, but not that nice... Now a year later and a bit particularly with the 3.24% interest rate I got, I got a great deal...but...I notice they are starting to come off MSRP pretty aggressively this month... When they take 4K off of MSRP incentives and here in a month or two I'm guessing lower the interest rates pretty substantially to get them moving we will see. They could potentially get back into my range... I'm noticing if you do a nationwide search on Cargurus, there are some 10K off MSRP deals here and there particularly on tricked out Big Horns on the lots... If you are willing to travel and they don't sucker you, there are some deals to be had you couldn't touch a year ago... It also appears that they are almost giving away some 1500's... OK, a bit of an exageration, but...

sanda

Reaction score
I couldn't order my truck now with the options I have. I ordered 1 6 2021 and got it in March. The big thing is the 2 tone paint I wanted.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I couldn't order my truck now with the options I have. I ordered 1 6 2021 and got it in March. The big thing is the 2 tone paint I wanted.
Were they marking them up like they eventually did with most everything at that point? They even tried to mark up pre-ordered ones from what I hear.

I got my 2021 1500 off the lot and they marked it up the amount of the 1500 buck incentive I got from FCA... So I paid MSRP and shortly thereafter they just gave up even with that facade and started putting 3 to 5K on top of most every truck. and like 20 and 30K on a TRX they had.

I did get a killer trade in value for my 2015 Outdoorsman with aftermarket winch bumper/rear bumper however and they sold it within a week listing it at like 6K over what they gave me. I got 29K for my 2015 with 70K miles on it and two Hemi Tick fixes and it was cutting off at speed on the highway. I took it in to get fixed and they made the offer before it was fixed.

I had checked in earlier just before Covid when my 2015 had 60K miles and the market was still "normal," and the incentives were great on trucks and they had offered me 17K for my 2015... So, I feel like I made out on that deal but only because of trade in value. I did trade in my 2021 I bought in June 2021 in March 2022 and still in effect came out around 7K to my benefit all things considered with trade in value giving me the 7K, but now I'm keeping this one... I love it.

ColoMike

Reaction score
Yeah, I just did an online build of a 2023 2500 Longhorn Diesel with identical options to the 2022 I had ordered a year and a half ago, and the MSRP has gone from $73K to $86K, a $13,000 difference! Shocking. It's the same truck as the 2022. I paid $67K and the MSRP at the time I ordered was $73K, increasing to $75K by the time I took delivery 4 months later in November 2021. Inflation is worse than I thought!

Users who are viewing this thread