Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

archer75

Reaction score
2019 2500 Big Horn Diesel 4x4: max towing 18,240; payload 2300
5th Wheel Northwood Arctic Fox: GVWR 8,500; Dry Hitch Weight 1, 410
Are those numbers for the ram on the door sticker or in a brochure or online? The door sticker is always lower than what's posted online due to the various configurations and options.
I would get a 3500 for that. After you load it up with gear your pin weight is going up. Probably to 1600-1800lbs. Plus the people and whatever gear is in the truck will have to come off the remaining payload. If it's not over it will be close.
Price difference between a 2500 and 3500 is minor.

Last edited:

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
Congrat to you guys getting the holdback. I don't know how or why a dealer would do that, but I wish mine would. When I sold, we'd tell people to walk that wanted the hold back. Still seems to be the case around here.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
It’s funny, I went to drive a limited diesel, 2500 yesterday just to reassure myself that I made the right decision ordering a limited and a diesel. And just for kicks, I had them appraise my 2018 and run some numbers to compare to the deal I worked out with my dealer. Keep in mind this dealer (Coon Rapids Chrysler) is suppose to be the best for price. Pricing was about the same, but trade was so much lower. They only offered me $46,500 on trade. Yes 46,500 for a 2018 Ram 3500 Laramie diesel, sport, crew with only 7000 miles. Below kbb value. That resulted in me walking out laughing, but was told I was getting the best deal. Lol!

oilburnin

Reaction score
It’s funny, I went to drive a limited diesel, 2500 yesterday just to reassure myself that I made the right decision ordering a limited and a diesel. And just for kicks, I had them appraise my 2018 and run some numbers to compare to the deal I worked out with my dealer. Keep in mind this dealer (Coon Rapids Chrysler) is suppose to be the best for price. Pricing was about the same, but trade was so much lower. They only offered me $46,500 on trade. Yes 46,500 for a 2018 Ram 3500 Laramie diesel, sport, crew with only 7000 miles. Below kbb value. That resulted in me walking out laughing, but was told I was getting the best deal. Lol!
They have to pay for that fancy new building of theirs somehow!

RamGuy84

Reaction score
They have to pay for that fancy new building of theirs somehow!
You must have been there to know they have a fancy new building. They want me to prove it if I can get a better deal which I did, so I’ll be sending them my order sheet for my limited.

oilburnin

Reaction score
You must have been there to know they have a fancy new building. They want me to prove it if I can get a better deal which I did, so I’ll be sending them my order sheet for my limited.
I drive up and down hwy 10 a least a couple times of week and stopped in there a couple of times. The deals on their new units leave something to be desired to say the least. Enough so that I wont be shopping from them when it comes time. I am always shocked how prices are all over the map on a commodity that is sold all over the country. If you don't give me the price I want, other dealers will.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
I drive up and down hwy 10 a least a couple times of week and stopped in there a couple of times. The deals on their new units leave something to be desired to say the least. Enough so that I wont be shopping from them when it comes time. I am always shocked how prices are all over the map on a commodity that is sold all over the country. If you don't give me the price I want, other dealers will.
In May I went there and did a build for my limited and they gave me a great price on it for the order, but I didn’t have an appraisal done on my 2018 until yesterday. They were coming in 6000 less on trade than what I’m getting at Ryan in Buffalo, but the salesman said he’d fight to get me another $1000!

Nightrain

Reaction score
Is anyone getting the 3 year interest free financing in addition to the price negotiated?

Chriuus

Reaction score
Is anyone getting the 3 year interest free financing in addition to the price negotiated?
I was able to get $500 conquest and 0% for 3 yrs. The attached invoice is the dealer discount + affiliate discount (access fund). I had a true car sam's club code but it wouldn't work with the affiliate discount. I was 20 days away from being able to get the Penfed discount :(

I bought from Kim Sims at Superior in Conway, Arkansas. I was very happy with the deal and dealing with her was great! There no haggling or anything. She beat the best quote I had from a dealer in D.C.

Attachments

• INVOICE 001.jpg
    INVOICE 001.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 142

Nightrain

Reaction score
I was able to get $500 conquest and 0% for 3 yrs. The attached invoice is the dealer discount + affiliate discount (access fund). I had a true car sam's club code but it wouldn't work with the affiliate discount. I was 20 days away from being able to get the Penfed discount :(

I bought from Kim Sims at Superior in Conway, Arkansas. I was very happy with the deal and dealing with her was great! There no haggling or anything. She beat the best quote I had from a dealer in D.C.
Thanks and great feedback!

HomelessBound

Reaction score
How did you get in touch with Kim @ Conway? She hasn't replied to my email for a few days now.

Chriuus

Reaction score
I PMd HomelessBound. For anyone else watching the thread. The best way to get a hold of her is to call the dealership. I believe she's off on wednesdays. Mention Chris on HDRAMS.com if you don't mind.

HomelessBound

Reaction score
Some places are requiring FCA financing as part of their deal - and it can include 0%/36. My CU has 2.5% at 60 months, which also works to refi the FCA. Net present value is greater for me on the 60 month and leaving my money in other investments longer. YMMV.

ptlawn

Reaction score
I got a 52k bighorn for 43500 and zero percent. They also gave me more for my trade than other dealers. I drove 3 hours to get it. Great deal. My local dealer told me they wouldn't sell it for that and would raise the price when I got there. Nope. It was hassle free.

TrminalV

Reaction score
First off I'm new to the forums.

I have a 3500 Big Horn CC 6'4" 4x4, 6.7 w/ 68RFE, and Level 2 Equipment Group on order that I just found out is in JB status at the body vendor.
Other options include: 8.4" screen w/o NAV, 5th Wheel prep, Bed Utility Group, Towing Tech Group, and Cold Weather Group

When I ordered I the agreement was for invoice price plus I'd be eligible for any rebates in effect at the time of delivery. I'm expecting those to be between $500-$1500

I know you said not to mention trade-in I think it's important because I was offered $2,000 over the actual value of my Ram trade-in at the time of order regardless of when the truck arrived at the dealership.

MSRP was $66,245
Invoice price $62,012

jsharpe

Reaction score
Yesterday, I just purchased an "in-transit" 3500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab Long-Box Dually in the Maximum Steel color. I'm in the Portland, OR area.
MSRP was $80,795
Purchased it for $71 334 with additonal "no-cost" life time warranty on power/powertrain, in addition, they will install the trailer camera prep for free when it arrives as it wasn't part of the build list.
Cashback, some rebates including the conquest rebate included, but letting each dealer compete for my business worked well.
Attached is the sticker. I think I got a good deal but time will tell...

Attachments

• Maximum Steel 3500 Dually Laramie.jpg
    Maximum Steel 3500 Dually Laramie.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread