Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

archer75

Reaction score
Purchase quickly. They want them on the road fast. Best advertising their is. Once they get them out there dealers won’t be as aggressive. They have had back to back quarters of sales. Up over last years numbers by 85%.
With Trailer TPMS missing and no promise it will be added to purchased vehicles i'm going to hold off until it's added.
And so far i'm finding they're being more greedy with the new trucks due to higher demand. I'm just not seeing the deals, so far, that I saw on my 2015. In my area at least. And the deals people are posting are no better than what I got years ago.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
With Trailer TPMS missing and no promise it will be added to purchased vehicles i'm going to hold off until it's added.
And so far i'm finding they're being more greedy with the new trucks due to higher demand. I'm just not seeing the deals, so far, that I saw on my 2015.
I thought I read somewhere where this will be on these 2019. It showed it monitoring my 5th wheel and truck on it. Let me look to see where I saw it.

archer75

Reaction score

RamGuy84

Reaction score
I try to sell my mine privately right before the truck comes in, but I do need it for work....

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
And so far i'm finding they're being more greedy with the new trucks due to higher demand. I'm just not seeing the deals, so far, that I saw on my 2015. In my area at least. And the deals people are posting are no better than what I got years ago.

TTPMS and Cameras will likely be on trucks by the end of they year... and no, they won't be adding them or offering any type of discount to get them installed.

I doubt you will find any significant deals... from what I've seen locally, HDs don't sell in the volume that 1500s sell which offsets their lower price.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
TTPMS and Cameras will likely be on trucks by the end of they year... and no, they won't be adding them or offering any type of discount to get them installed.

I doubt you will find any significant deals... from what I've seen locally, HDs don't sell in the volume that 1500s sell which offsets their lower price.
I’ll be honest, I thought our trucks had these when I ordered. I just bout a $75k 5th wheel and wanted to monitor my tires with this new 2019 Ram. I am going to have a discussion with my sales manager on this.

PNW Brian

Reaction score
Wanted to update on pricing and thank the person who brought up the USAA rebate.
2019 3500 Limited Megacab 4x4
MSRP $86,235
$1000 USAA rebate, no other rebates (that I qualified for) or incentives available at this time and not financing through Chrysler
-$10,925 negotiated down from MSRP
Total Paid - $75,310

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Wanted to update on pricing and thank the person who brought up the USAA rebate.
2019 3500 Limited Megacab 4x4
MSRP $86,235
$1000 USAA rebate, no other rebates (that I qualified for) or incentives available at this time and not financing through Chrysler
-$10,925 negotiated down from MSRP
Total Paid - $75,310
Sounds about right. Good deal!

RamGuy84

Reaction score
I should be getting at least another 1000 off of my agreed price....500 for On The Job rebate and 500 for Conquest Cash.
81,715 MSRP
so 75, 801 invoice
-2401 holdback
-1000 rebates/incentives
______________________-
71,900 +TTL

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I should be getting at least another 1000 off of my agreed price....500 for On The Job rebate and 500 for Conquest Cash.
81,715 MSRP
so 75, 801 invoice
-2401 holdback
-1000 rebates/incentives
______________________-
71,900 +TTL
That’s pretty good!! Mine very similar but MSRP 83,400 and invoice 77,600 and don’t get on job rebate, but getting $47,900 on 2016 trade Laramie Longhorn.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
are you self employed/run your own business?

im getting 52,500 on my 2018 Laramie on trade. I'm taking a hit on that!

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score

[/QUOT

self employed and own my own business. Only has 58,000 miles loaded.

MrMopar

Reaction score
Well, I think I got lucky.
My MSRP was $66,810...
First I get business partner pricing,
less hold back and got a $2500 rebate, plus TT&L. $61,330 cash out the door.

SummerPerk

Reaction score
Very appreciative of this thread! I’m feeling a little better about my purchase yesterday. Portland, Oregon area, went through Costco. 2500 Big Horn; almost exact same options as we would have built it (adding 5th wheel prep). MSRP $64,900; paying $59,400. No rebates or incentives. Not quite the % off MSRP that some of you are getting, but close and we don’t have to wait for it to be built. Should be here in a day or two. No trade in, financing through credit union.
Am going to call back today about Conquest Cash and TrueCar incentive. My spouse is a member of USAA, but we are purchasing/registering under my name since we have 2 separate households due to work and he had a Washington address vs my Oregon address. Not sure if we can be co-owners, use my address, and receive the incentive? Also messaged guy I’ve been working w/a Dennis Dillon in Idaho to give him one last chance...
Buying process was a positive one. Are any of the extended warranty/service/protection packages worth getting?? Have not committed to any yet but are considering. Could definitely use some input! Current offer: Vehicle Service Protection $2,805 for 84/75000; Chrysler Pre-Paid Maintenance for $3,160, Four for One Protection exterior only for $399.

archer75

Reaction score
Very appreciative of this thread! I’m feeling a little better about my purchase yesterday. Portland, Oregon area, went through Costco. 2500 Big Horn; almost exact same options as we would have built it (adding 5th wheel prep). MSRP $64,900; paying $59,400. No rebates or incentives. Not quite the % off MSRP that some of you are getting, but close and we don’t have to wait for it to be built. Should be here in a day or two. No trade in, financing through credit union.
Am going to call back today about Conquest Cash and TrueCar incentive. My spouse is a member of USAA, but we are purchasing/registering under my name since we have 2 separate households due to work and he had a Washington address vs my Oregon address. Not sure if we can be co-owners, use my address, and receive the incentive? Also messaged guy I’ve been working w/a Dennis Dillon in Idaho to give him one last chance...
Buying process was a positive one. Are any of the extended warranty/service/protection packages worth getting?? Have not committed to any yet but are considering. Could definitely use some input! Current offer: Vehicle Service Protection $2,805 for 84/75000; Chrysler Pre-Paid Maintenance for $3,160, Four for One Protection exterior only for $399.
What dealer? I'm in portland as well. I've always been lucky dealing with dealerships internet departments. I have no problem getting invoice on ordering anything. I'm just working on getting less than invoice on a custom order.
I don't even bother looking at MSRP. I only deal from invoice.
Talk to your credit union(we use one as well) for extended warranties. They are often a much better deal.
I got my loaded 2015 2500 big horn CTD, CC, in June 2015 for $46k. Anything on the lot was 6% below invoice at that time. And then about $2500 in rebates off of that. That was at NWJeep. No haggling. That was just the price. Super easy.

Last edited:

SummerPerk

Reaction score
How do I know invoice? Just ask? Went through Dick’s Country Chysler Jeep Dodge in Hillsboro. Thanks for the info regarding extended warranty via the credit union. I will look into it now.

archer75

Reaction score
How do I know invoice? Just ask? Went through Dick’s Country Chysler Jeep Dodge in Hillsboro. Thanks for the info regarding extended warranty via the credit union. I will look into it now.
Various websites online will show you invoice. I think carsdirect is a good one. Edmunds does it too. There are others.
I've been to that dealer before but didn't end up buying from them. But they were better than most dealers I went through.

When I got mine NWjeep and Ron Tonkin were the most willing to deal. And remember, dealers can move vehicles from other dealers to their lot. So don't settle on a dealer because they have the truck you want. Any other dealer can get that vehicle moved to them. I've done that before. Found a dealer with what I wanted but didn't really want to deal, went to a different dealer and got the same truck at a better price.
Also credit unions, most anyways, work with auto solutions. A car buying service. You can contact them and see what they can get it for.
My wife used to work in loans/mortgages at a local portland credit union for many years and i've learned a lot as a result.

SummerPerk

Reaction score
Thanks! Ours is actually coming up from Southern Oregon which suits me fine—it’ll have a few miles but gives me a few days to do a little more research and move our money around. Going to go w/extended warranty through Chrysler Warrenty Direct, so that’s going to save us over $1,000 vs what my husband as ready to accept in the office prior to a swift kick from me! That right there is enough to counteract most of the angst over if we could have done a little better—so thank you; had never even crossed my mind not buying an extended Warrenty via the dealer was an option.
The truck really is just what we wanted w/regard to options—even 1st choice of color which wasn’t a priority—and being as we bought our 5th wheel in March, we’ve been looking for awhile! We let one slip through our hands already so it’s time to commit.
Having a much more difficult time determining if we should do the pre-paid maintenance plan or not.

archer75

Reaction score
Thanks! Ours is actually coming up from Southern Oregon which suits me fine—it’ll have a few miles but gives me a few days to do a little more research and move our money around. Going to go w/extended warranty through Chrysler Warrenty Direct, so that’s going to save us over $1,000 vs what my husband as ready to accept in the office prior to a swift kick from me! That right there is enough to counteract most of the angst over if we could have done a little better—so thank you; had never even crossed my mind not buying an extended Warrenty via the dealer was an option.
The truck really is just what we wanted w/regard to options—even 1st choice of color which wasn’t a priority—and being as we bought our 5th wheel in March, we’ve been looking for awhile! We let one slip through our hands already so it’s time to commit.
Having a much more difficult time determining if we should do the pre-paid maintenance plan or not.
Hope the 5th wheel isn't too big. The 2500's don't have much payload(depending on configuration). Mine's just a smidge over 2000lbs. I'd be hard pressed to find a 5th wheel it could tow and stay within the weight ratings including us and the kids and dogs. Which is why i'm considering a 3500 for our future plans. Just not sure if those plans will require a DRW over a SRW but they will require a 3500.

Last edited:

SummerPerk

Reaction score
2019 2500 Big Horn Diesel 4x4: max towing 18,240; payload 2300
5th Wheel Northwood Arctic Fox: GVWR 8,500; Dry Hitch Weight 1, 410

Users who are viewing this thread