Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy

2500 Limited Crew Cab, 4x4, w/6'4" box
Exterior: Delmonico Red w/ Body Color Bumper Group
Engine: 6.7L Diesel
Axle: 3.73 Axle
Options:
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
Customer Preferred Package 2HM
  • Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
  • Snow Chief Group
  • Adds
    • Clearance Lamps
    • 220-Amp Alternator
    • Protection Group
    • Anti-Spin Differential
    • Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches
  • 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Towing Prep
  • Rambox delete
  • Towing Technology Group
  • CTR Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Deployable Bed Step
  • Power Sun Roof
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • Auto Level Rear Air Suspension
MSRP: $82,630
Negotiated $72,899 +TTL and minus any incentives and USAA later

Safford Warrenton, Quick, simple, done.
I tried 6 other dealers, nothing came close.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Slightly, O/T, but does anybody know why Idaho has three volume Ram dealers able to sell for such large discounts?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Not sure what you are asking...

Are you asking:
Why are they in Idaho?
Why are they Volume Dealers?
Why they sell for large discounts?

Or are you asking all three?

extreemrn

Reaction score
2019 3500 Laramie Mega Cab
Diamond Black Crystal
Cummins HO
Aisin
Towing Tech
Cold weather Group
Dual Alts.
RamBox Cargo Mgmt
Black Appearance Package
Level 1 Equipment Group
Auto Level Air Suspension
Clearance Lamps, Aux Switches, Protection Group
Unconnect 12 inch

Ordered 2/13, Built 3/19, Ramp 4/10
MSRP: $ 78790
Paid: $ 70004 + TTL, no incentives as of yet
Ordered from Dennis Dillon

Daybreak

Reaction score
I was asking why Idaho in particular.
Howdy,
I would -->assume<-- they figured out that they can make tons of $$ by selling lots of vehicles without trying to jack the price. I tried negotiating with 6 local to me dealers... 1 dealer came in much lower than the others. Boom, went down that evening and ordered it. :cool:

Zrojas

Reaction score
Gotcha, I am in FL, so, those guys are a bit of a distance from me. Good to know that someone is willing to work a little on them though. Good luck with your search.
Both Dave Smith and Dennis Dillon fly people in from all over the country, they pay for plane tickets. Just FYI. I bought my 2016 3500 from Dennis Dillon and I will be ordering a 2019 3500 soon.

Zrojas

Reaction score
I received the attached quote from Dennis Dillon. The only issue is I am in Texas and they do not ship... the other concern I have is no other dealerships can get anywhere close to the $65k Dennis is asking...and some are even warning me that this dealership uses the bait and switch technique and tends to hide fees that will show up on the final sticker price. Does anyone have experience ordering/purchasing from them? What was your experience like? Did you walk away with the best deal or did you walk away without a vehicle?
View attachment 92
I bought my last truck from them and will be ordering a 2019 from. The price they give you is the price you pay less tax, title, license, and anything else that you decide to add at the time of sale.

Reaction score
Howdy,
I would -->assume<-- they figured out that they can make tons of $$ by selling lots of vehicles without trying to jack the price.

Well, that's why there's volume dealers, right? I assume that they have enough capital to order enough vehicles and enough room to store them so they can then live off volume and smaller margins. It's just the economics nerd in me that was wondering why so many clustered in Idaho - and why Ram in particular. Is it because one of them opened up and did so well that their country club buddy saw this and decided to do the same thing? And then another? Lol, just wondering how it all happened.

Reaction score
I bought my last truck from them and will be ordering a 2019 from. The price they give you is the price you pay less tax, title, license, and anything else that you decide to add at the time of sale.

First to your other post - they pay for plane tickets to fly in customers? I wasn't aware of that! One way tickets can be costly if you're less than three weeks out from a trip, and I would think they'd want you out as soon as possible (ie: not make a deal and buy a discounted ticket for the deal to close in three weeks!)

Second, how do they handle tax, title and license for out of state? Do they just not charge you and let you deal with your local DMV if you want, or do you pay your local DMV rate but they handle all the paperwork? It's an important little point because in the latter situation, you can include those costs in financing just as if you bought local, but in the former, you need to have that cash (tax is substantial) on hand when you go to your local DMV. Which means you're financing less, but also putting less money down most likely.

Third and finally, I've read elsewhere on the interwebz that Dennis Dillon's prices are only good if you use Chrysler Financing, if you have your own, all pricing is off. Is that your experience? Are people just paying higher interest rates in order to get these great purchase prices? (Nothing stopping anybody from doing the deal and immediately refinancing at a lower rate, but just one more PITA.)

Thanks. And may I ask, what is your need for a 3500 over a 2500? Just curious about use case.

orlando bull

Reaction score
First to your other post - they pay for plane tickets to fly in customers? I wasn't aware of that! One way tickets can be costly if you're less than three weeks out from a trip, and I would think they'd want you out as soon as possible (ie: not make a deal and buy a discounted ticket for the deal to close in three weeks!)

Second, how do they handle tax, title and license for out of state? Do they just not charge you and let you deal with your local DMV if you want, or do you pay your local DMV rate but they handle all the paperwork? It's an important little point because in the latter situation, you can include those costs in financing just as if you bought local, but in the former, you need to have that cash (tax is substantial) on hand when you go to your local DMV. Which means you're financing less, but also putting less money down most likely.

Third and finally, I've read elsewhere on the interwebz that Dennis Dillon's prices are only good if you use Chrysler Financing, if you have your own, all pricing is off. Is that your experience? Are people just paying higher interest rates in order to get these great purchase prices? (Nothing stopping anybody from doing the deal and immediately refinancing at a lower rate, but just one more PITA.)

Thanks. And may I ask, what is your need for a 3500 over a 2500? Just curious about use case.

I'll provide my answer to some of this as someone from Florida who did get a price from them...

$1000 more if you do not use chrysler financing. Not a big hurdle, you can finance with chrysler, then refinance with a local credit union when you get home.

I have purchased out of state, they estimate all the taxes/fees and send it to your DMV, when you go to pick up your plates, you would pay any difference... I haven't had any issues there on 2 trucks and an RV, maybe $15 or so.

The deal I got from them was $2700 cheaper than I got locally... but, locally, I got a good deal on my trade. Because I couldn't drive out there and do a trade there, I would have had to sell my truck outright and time that so that I wasn't without a vehicle for too long, or, sell afterwards which is scary... Also, at least in FL, you don't pay sales tax on your trade value. So, that was a $2100 bump to me in sales tax savings... I would have had to sell my truck for that much more than they are giving me in trade in order to see that $2,700 savings on the truck. They did not offer to fly me out, so, I assumed I would need to pay for my flight.

So, let's say I sell my truck for more than my trade value to off-set the sales tax, and, I sell it the day I fly out to pick up the new truck... do I really want to drive 2700 miles back to Florida? Burning $400-500 in fuel on the trip, plus a few nights in a hotel? I decided no. I honestly think I could have done it and saved maybe $1000, but, it would have been a major headache. I really did run all of the math because initially I thought it would be really fun to fly out there and see some sight on the way back over a 4-day trip or so, but, driving 10-hours per day for several days in a row finally clicked with me. I also wouldn't have been bringing my pregnant (with twins) wife and 2yo, so, I would miss them and wouldn't enjoy the trip since they weren't with me.

If you're closer to these guys, it's probably totally worth it, just wasn't for my situation. The tax/trade thing is really where it started going sideways.

Ivanvent

Reaction score
2019 3500 Laramie Mega Cab
Diamond Black Crystal
Cummins HO
Aisin
Towing Tech
Cold weather Group
Dual Alts.
RamBox Cargo Mgmt
Black Appearance Package
Level 1 Equipment Group
Auto Level Air Suspension
Clearance Lamps, Aux Switches, Protection Group
Unconnect 12 inch

Ordered 2/13, Built 3/19, Ramp 4/10
MSRP: $ 78790
Paid: $ 70004 + TTL, no incentives as of yet
Ordered from Dennis Dillon

It’s kind of interesting on your pricing. I had got a quote of 64,225 with the msrp of 73,580 msrp. Roughly about 13% off msrp

SteelersFan

Reaction score
How long did it take from order to delivery? I have a 2500 Mega Cab Laramie on order at the moment and just curious what the average wait times for orders may be. Dealer says 6-8 wks.

orlando bull

Reaction score
How long did it take from order to delivery? I have a 2500 Mega Cab Laramie on order at the moment and just curious what the average wait times for orders may be. Dealer says 6-8 wks.
Mine was 8 weeks and a day or 2. I'm in Orlando, so, rail basically direct to here. Other places not so close to rail hub will have additional trucking time involved. Mine got to dealer basically 36 hours after it came off the train.

switz

Reaction score
I ordered mine before production began. The first day ordering opened up. It took almost 4 months to get the truck. I don't know how long it takes now that they are in production.

RedBeard6111

Reaction score
I am sure I missed it somewhere, but could someone explain to me what EP and FWP stand for?

RedBeard6111

Reaction score
3500 Laramie crew cab 4x4
H/O Cummins
Leather bucket seats
12” Nav screen
Auto level air suspension
Rubber floor mats
Aux switches
Bed utility group
Safety group
Tow tech group