Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
2019 RAM 2500 Longhorn Mega Cab

MSRP: $82,195
Sale Price: $71,893 + TTL
Just like jpaeth, it looks like you got one heck of a deal too. I can't figure out how you two are getting such huge discounts, but I sure am happy for you!

When I put your specs into a configurator, the cost less holdback comes out to $73,711. So, the fact you got another $1,818 off (HUGE!!!) makes me think you also got the financing reserve, or maybe some sort of dealer incentive override. Do you know? Regardless, to get an additional -2.4% below FWP less the 3% Dealer Holdback is truly exceptional. You are literally -5.6% below FWP.

Once again, kudos!

Last edited:

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Just like jpaeth, it looks like you got one heck of a deal too. I can't figure out how you two are getting such huge discounts, but I sure am happy for you!

When I put your specs into a configurator, the cost less holdback comes out to $73,711. So, the fact you got another $1,818 off (HUGE!!!) makes me think you also got the financing reserve, or maybe some sort of dealer incentive override. Do you know? Regardless, to get an additional -2.4% below FWP less the 3% Dealer Holdback is truly exceptional. You are literally -5.6% below FWP.

Once again, kudos!

I don't know specifically what deals were included to get it to that price, but I did use Dennis Dillion's price to negotiate against, locally. I would have bought from DD without hesitation, but after numerous messages to attempt to finalize the deal on the quote, the sales rep stopped responding to me so he lost my business. He probably didn't think I was serious being in Texas but little did he know I was using buying the vehicle from him as an excuse to hit up Yellowstone on the drive back with the Mrs.

Oh well!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie crew cab 4x4 6ft 4 in box
Msrp $75,395
Affiliate rewards price (1% below invoice price of $69,326) = $68,633
Will also use any incentives that apply at delivery. USAA -$1000, SAMS Club -$1000
Lexington, KY

Didn't know you can do a Sam's Club rebate

Heckyl

Reaction score
Looks like the Sams Club 1000$ discount that others have used might be gone. The only thing I found was a discounted price
Thru Sams Club via TrueCar. After signing in to your Sams Club, go to travel and services, then auto buying program. You can call Sams club buying program at 1-866-230-1567. I called them and asked about 2019 Ram 3500 incentives and she looked it up and said $500. But this is buying thru the Sams Club buying program thru TrueCar.... not a discount that I can use. I didn’t look into it until now ( I was going to wait till my truck came in). I was hoping it was going to be a incentive that I could use not going thru a buying service. If I find something different, I will let you know.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I don't know specifically what deals were included to get it to that price, but I did use Dennis Dillion's price to negotiate against, locally. I would have bought from DD without hesitation, but after numerous messages to attempt to finalize the deal on the quote, the sales rep stopped responding to me so he lost my business. He probably didn't think I was serious being in Texas but little did he know I was using buying the vehicle from him as an excuse to hit up Yellowstone on the drive back with the Mrs.

Oh well!
That's almost exactly what happened with me! I made a couple config changes to my build and asked the guy at DD to get me an updated price, he just kept coming back saying he was with customers. Wait, I thought I was a customer too.. guess not. And then when Larry H Miller matched the DD price (nearly anyways) but WITHOUT the financing provision, it was a done deal. I have the advantage of being local to DD and Larry H Miller in Idaho, and they consistently have the lowest prices around.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
3500 Limited Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box

MSRP, $86,125
- Rebate, $0
- Discount, $8,841
= Price Paid, $77,284

------------------------------
While my deal is not nearly as good as Texas.Yankee's or jpaeth's, I'm plenty satisfied to get invoice less the full 3% holdback for a total savings of 10.3% off MSRP.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
I asked my sales
3500 Limited Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box

MSRP, $86,125
  • Rebate, $0
  • Discount, $8,841
= Price Paid, $77,284

------------------------------
While my deal is not nearly as good as Texas.Yankee's or jpaeth's, I'm plenty satisfied to get invoice less the full 3% holdback for a total savings of 10.3% off MSRP.

I asked my salesman about my pricing and he said he thinks they can play with the numbers a little more depending on the package configuration. For example, the Tow Tech Group has some overlap with the Safety Group so they can work it to where you're not paying full price for each group (essentially paying for the same features twice). Not sure the accuracy of his theory but it makes sense to me.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I wouldn't say your deal isn't nearly as good as ours... that pretty dang close. Still a deal to be proud of on a brand new truck that doesn't even have a rebate out on it yet! Congrats! When is your delivery estimate?

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Just ordered a nearly fully loaded 2019 Power Wagon for the EP price + TTL which was about 1-2% below invoice from my local dealer.
I think you meant to say "...which was about 1 - 2% below the invoice price less holdback."

The EP on my order was 4.75% below FWP (invoice) whereas holdback is 3% of MSRP. So, the fact you got the EP price is an incredible deal. Do you know how you got it? In my case, the EP price was $1,258 less than FWP - Holdback. So, that amount would be more than any dealer incentive they'd make for hitting their RAM sales goal.

redwinelvr

Reaction score
Hmmm, it is true I maybe don't know how to explain the percentage numbers correctly, so let me try to clear it up. I am paying 59,701 which was shown as the EP price on the order sheet. I did see the MSRP of 67,400 and the holdback info, etc. I was given an online quote of 58, 742 and I was ready to pull that trigger when the local sales manager called and said they wanted to talk after I told his salesman that I was in no way going to order a vehicle at MSRP and wait for incentives when delivered. I told them I had an offer from another location and they had to get somewhere other than no discount whatsoever. When he showed me the sheet and I said, hey what about selling to me at EP, since that is close enough. He immediately freaked that I knew what the numbers on the sheet meant and decided he was done trying to bring the price up and said okay, EP it is. I agreed to Chrysler financing, etc, but I know how to get around that when the time comes. Supposedly my local dealer is #2 in the nation or they claim to be and the online quote came from #1 and he wanted to not let them have the sale apparently??? I could still saved money by taking the out of state quote and driving it home, but all I wanted was a decent deal close to home and I more than achieved that goal.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
...all I wanted was a decent deal close to home and I more than achieved that goal.
Amen redwinelvr! You absolutely achieved your goal and as I noted, you got an incredible deal. Congratulations!

SCRAMHD

Reaction score
New member here(and first RAM).
Last Saturday I had a great experience ordering a new mega cab.
I live in central California and didn't really want to hassle with going to Idaho.
I ordered a 2019 2500limited mega cab SRW.
MSRP $81,070
FWP $75,046
EP $71,494
I got it for $73,070 with no qualifying incentives.
Any active incentives at time of delivery will be applied.
As of today I do have a VIN with D1 status.
If anyone in the area is interested with dealing semi local PM me and I'll put you in contact with sales manager.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
New member here(and first RAM).
Last Saturday I had a great experience ordering a new mega cab.
I live in central California and didn't really want to hassle with going to Idaho.
I ordered a 2019 2500limited mega cab SRW.
MSRP $81,070
FWP $75,046
EP $71,494
I got it for $73,070 with no qualifying incentives.
Any active incentives at time of delivery will be applied.
As of today I do have a VIN with D1 status.
If anyone in the area is interested with dealing semi local PM me and I'll put you in contact with sales manager.
That's a good deal!

SCRAMHD

Reaction score
@Stumblefoot @texas.yankee
I thought it was a good deal to only travel 100 miles from my house which is in the Bay Area where they sell raptors for over $100k. It was also the easiest negotiation I’ve ever had.
All I did was call and ask them if they would match their advertised price for truck on the lot for a custom order. Took all of 10min to get a call back saying let’s do it.
I also referred another sale to them that went through yesterday so I’m hoping to get a little cherry on top when I take delivery if I can send them a couple more sales.

Users who are viewing this thread