Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

daemonic3

Reaction score
What was your MSRP? I’m assuming over 100k otherwise if you were in the 90s, you got a great deal for a CA dealer
$105.6k, so the percents scale from there. I tried 3 locally around Sac and none would dip into holdback and go below affiliate pricing. There may have been a needle in a haystack somewhere here in NoCal if I spent more weeks calling but who knows if I'd find it before Stellantis yanked the 10% off MSRP from under me, didn't seem worth the risk!

Thisnthat

Reaction score
another way to approach multiple "local" dealers is to draft an email/request for pricing and just go to the dealers' webpages, enter your info into the "contact us" page along with your request for pricing template - whether that is on an in stock unit or ordering. 15-20 minutes and you can contact 10-15 dealers. probably have your answers within a day. anyone that hasn't responded within 24hrs probably isn't worth going with anyway.

jebruns

Reaction score
Regarding Granger- they might be slightly different than before…..They will not sell to businesses without providing all the business docs, won’t do Montana LLC’s and have a new company policy requiring you to pay all the taxes to them directly, then you take the paperwork and license in your state.
It did not work that way 1.5 years ago. State tax/fees were not involved in the transaction. That would possibly add a level of hassle. But given how easy Granger was to work with, I'd guess they'd make it pretty pain free.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
$105.6k, so the percents scale from there. I tried 3 locally around Sac and none would dip into holdback and go below affiliate pricing. There may have been a needle in a haystack somewhere here in NoCal if I spent more weeks calling but who knows if I'd find it before Stellantis yanked the 10% off MSRP from under me, didn't seem worth the risk!
Figuring 10,500 rebate plus 12% from the big 3 dealers, the local option (turtle click) was about $2,800 more…you probably could have shipped it and still saved 1k but you probably have less risks of damage in the local option but still a 500 mil trip so either way isn’t wrong of course. When you register in finance, make sure you use a friends or relatives address in CA that has the lowest tax rate. The dealer won’t care, might ask why it’s different than your DL but just say it’s a 2nd home etc. if your in a 10% tax area and you can use a 8% tax rate addess you will likely save 2k in taxes.

I’ve been told by a friend in CA who recently bought a Buick that dealers charge tax not on the net price anymore but the price before rebates. So it will cost a few hundred more in taxes as CA is finding ways to screw the customer out of more money. They did this years ago to cell phone purchases

John Jensen

Reaction score
I’ve been told by a friend in CA who recently bought a Buick that dealers charge tax not on the net price anymore but the price before rebates. So it will cost a few hundred more in taxes as CA is finding ways to screw the customer out of more money. They did this years ago to cell phone purchases
They still do it on cell phone purchases. They do it on everything, it's a Califunny rule/law. Their latest commie passing is to change gas and electric usage to be based on income, effective 1/25.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
They still do it on cell phone purchases. They do it on everything, it's a Califunny rule/law. Their latest commie passing is to change gas and electric usage to be based on income, effective 1/25.
I guess it might be time to change your income on those docs and say it “income fluid” just as gender is “fluid” in CA

daemonic3

Reaction score
Figuring 10,500 rebate plus 12% from the big 3 dealers, the local option (turtle click) was about $2,800 more…you probably could have shipped it and still saved 1k but you probably have less risks of damage in the local option but still a 500 mil trip so either way isn’t wrong of course. When you register in finance, make sure you use a friends or relatives address in CA that has the lowest tax rate. The dealer won’t care, might ask why it’s different than your DL but just say it’s a 2nd home etc. if your in a 10% tax area and you can use a 8% tax rate addess you will likely save 2k in taxes.

Yep, tax will be calc'd on 95k, but I'm super lucky that I am in unincorporated county at 7.75% where my neighbors across the freeway or major intersection are 8.75%. My zip code spans both city and unincorporated county and every time I buy a car or trailer I have to make sure they use my specific address. And nobody lives in the counties that are 7.25% (California minimum).

Lastly the gap was closer to $2k, helped by the fact cali doc fees are legally capped at $85. I stated before that's the ONLY positive thing about vehicle purchases here. And even if I shipped, I would still have flown to Louisiana to inspect and sign before dropping that much coin. Then take a million pics before shipping (driving 2100 miles didn't sound fun either or good use of vacation days). Round trip to MSY or Houston Hobby were several hundred bucks. I'm very happy with my decision to use Tuttle 450 miles away.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Flying to HOU to inspect would have definitely not made sense for the savings at that point so I would agree that you made the right choice (not that my opinion matters, lol)

The one deal I did with Mark, no inspection and everything was great. A friend who purchased has it shipped and no issues. They will fix issues if they arise so I would trust them myself but I can understand why someone would be concerned to purchase sight unseen for 85k...lol

But I have purchased more houses over 500k than I have fingers and toes so I'm a little different I guess, lol...

BamaOEF

Reaction score
Yep, tax will be calc'd on 95k, but I'm super lucky that I am in unincorporated county at 7.75% where my neighbors across the freeway or major intersection are 8.75%. My zip code spans both city and unincorporated county and every time I buy a car or trailer I have to make sure they use my specific address. And nobody lives in the counties that are 7.25% (California minimum).

Lastly the gap was closer to $2k, helped by the fact cali doc fees are legally capped at $85. I stated before that's the ONLY positive thing about vehicle purchases here. And even if I shipped, I would still have flown to Louisiana to inspect and sign before dropping that much coin. Then take a million pics before shipping (driving 2100 miles didn't sound fun either or good use of vacation days). Round trip to MSY or Houston Hobby were several hundred bucks. I'm very happy with my decision to use Tuttle 450 miles away.
Wow, I just picked up my 24 Sig truck from Mark CDJR in Jan. I live in Alabama. The unincorporated county vehicle sales tax is 2.75 percent. Modest personal property tax and tag fee. Since they can't raise property taxes without a vote, they add fees to our vehicle registration. For example School taxes, etc depending on county.

daemonic3

Reaction score
Flying to HOU to inspect would have definitely not made sense for the savings at that point so I would agree that you made the right choice (not that my opinion matters, lol)

The one deal I did with Mark, no inspection and everything was great. A friend who purchased has it shipped and no issues. They will fix issues if they arise so I would trust them myself but I can understand why someone would be concerned to purchase sight unseen for 85k...lol

But I have purchased more houses over 500k than I have fingers and toes so I'm a little different I guess, lol...

Hey, some of us are just lowly engineers, we can't all be Legendary Lawmen! lol

SlowDelta

Reaction score
Hello all!

This just in!! Koons Black Friday Special!!

For a Limited Time only, we will be offering the under invoice pricing on both in stock and factory order vehicles. So get up to 9% under invoice on both in stock and factory orders (excluding Ram TRX and Dodge Challengers/Chargers). This deal is for a Limited Time while supplies last.

Gas Engine Wrangler:
Wrangler 2 Door Sport/Willys - Up to 9% below invoice.
Wrangler 2 Door Rubicon - Up to 8.6% below invoice.
Wrangler 4 Door Sport/Willys - Up to 8.8% below invoice.
Wrangler 4 Door Sahara - Up to 8.8% below invoice.
Wrangler 4 Door Rubicon/Rubicon X - Up to 8.2% below invoice.

Wrangler 392:
MSRP: $95,001 and above = $8000 off MSRP
MSRP: $90,000 - $95000 = $7300 off MSRP
MSRP: $89,999 and below = $7000 off MSRP

4xe Wrangler:
Wrangler 4xe Sport/Willys - Up to 8.4% below invoice.
Wrangler 4xe Sahara - Up to 8% below invoice.
Wrangler 4xe High Altitude - Up to 8% below invoice.
Wrangler 4xe Rubicon - Up to 8% below invoice.

Gas Engine:
2Row Laredo/Laredo X/ Laredo Altitude - Up to 9% below invoice.
2Row Limited - Up to 8.8% below invoice.
2Row Overland/Summit/Reserve- Up to 8.4% below invoice.
GCL Laredo/Laredo X/Laredo Altitude - Up to 8.8% below invoice
GCL Limited - Up to 8.4% below invoice
GCL Overland - Up to 8.2% below invoice
GCL Summit/Reserve - Up to 8% below invoice

4xe:
2Row 4xe - Up to 8.2% below invoice.
2Row 4xe Trailhawk - Up to 8% below invoice.
2Row 4xe Overland/Summit - Up to 8% below invoice.

Ram 1500 (Excluding TRX):
Ram 1500 Tradesman - Up to 9% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Big Horn - Up to 8.5% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Rebel - Up to 8.3% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Laramie - Up to 8.2% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Longhorn - Up to 8.2% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Limited - Up to 8.2% below invoice.

Ram 2500/3500 - 10% off of MSRP with an additional 10-15% off MSRP rebate (based off of zip code the vehicle will be registered )

As always please email koonsgroupbuy@gmail.com or koonsgroupbuy@koons.com. If you are looking at anything in stock, please email both stock number/vin number.
When does this end? Is it still available?

dlakeman

Reaction score
2024 RAM 2500 Laramie. Purchased December 28, 2023 at a dealer in Las Vegas, NV. MSRP $96,400. Negotiated with dealer $15,800 off MSRP. I did get Kelly BB on my trade, which was a 2022 RAM Big Horn. I wasn't looking for a new truck, however I couldn't pass up the deal.

Krusher

Reaction score
There are ways to set up a cheap LLC in Montana, Oregon and probably other no sales tax states. If you do that, you can register your new vehicle to that LLC and not pay sales tax. Pretty popular in the RV world. But I have read that Kalifornia polices that pretty heavily and it will cost you big if you get caught.
Very true in a lot of exotic cars and six figure RVs registered in Montana. (Zero sales or yearly personal property tax). I had a guy in Bozeman set up my LLC and saved about 5 k upfront and easily another 5 k in first year on a toyhauler and a significant amount each year after as we have personal property tax where I am located.
I did not put the new dually in the LLC at this time as the state checks trucks and cars regularly for location used/lived in. Not so much at all for RV’s, boats and rarely driven garages high dollar cars

SwampCat

Reaction score
My truck had sat on the lot of multiple dealerships for a hot minute. MSRP was $60k and the dealer was offering it for $50k before any trade or negotiation. I paid less than $40k for it.

Users who are viewing this thread