Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Admin

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's hear what everyone is paying for their new Heavy Duties! These threads are great as it give people an idea of pricing to shoot for when purchasing.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016

Randy M

Reaction score
Well since it's early I'll post the first quote I've received. MSRP of $65,200 discounted to $56527 +TTL. $8673 off. The quote doesn't include any other discounts from FCA that I can take advantage of upon delivery.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Well since it's early I'll post the first quote I've received. MSRP of $65,200 discounted to $56527 +TTL. $8673 off. The quote doesn't include any other discounts from FCA that I can take advantage of upon delivery.

Sounds like a good deal, mind if I ask where youre located? I've talked to class couple dealers, one wouldn't budge off of msrp, the other said they'd do it for invoice.

Randy M

Reaction score
Dave Smith is the largest CJD dealer in the world so they say. Another good dealer is Dennis Dillon. You'll probably find your best deal at one or the other.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Dave Smith is the largest CJD dealer in the world so they say. Another good dealer is Dennis Dillon. You'll probably find your best deal at one or the other.

Gotcha, I am in FL, so, those guys are a bit of a distance from me. Good to know that someone is willing to work a little on them though. Good luck with your search.

Dannydos

Reaction score

Hopefully you can find some incentives. Looks like you at 13% off of MSRP. I don't know if the HD trucks can command 20% off MSRP like the 1500.

pd1072

Reaction score
I received the attached quote from Dennis Dillon. The only issue is I am in Texas and they do not ship... the other concern I have is no other dealerships can get anywhere close to the $65k Dennis is asking...and some are even warning me that this dealership uses the bait and switch technique and tends to hide fees that will show up on the final sticker price. Does anyone have experience ordering/purchasing from them? What was your experience like? Did you walk away with the best deal or did you walk away without a vehicle?

ATXBoise

Reaction score
I've purchased multiple vehicles with them. always had a great experience, and yes the prices are usually the best in the nation. I have not ordered a truck from them yet, will be doing that this summer. I do know that they pickup customers at the airport almost daily.

Randy M

Reaction score
I received the attached quote from Dennis Dillon. The only issue is I am in Texas and they do not ship... the other concern I have is no other dealerships can get anywhere close to the $65k Dennis is asking...and some are even warning me that this dealership uses the bait and switch technique and tends to hide fees that will show up on the final sticker price. Does anyone have experience ordering/purchasing from them? What was your experience like? Did you walk away with the best deal or did you walk away without a vehicle?

If they're not even trying to compete with the price then how much validity do their comments have? They can get close to the price if they want to, but they're choosing not to.

pd1072

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s just the sales talk, but he assured me that at their cost they would lose $2,100 selling me the truck at this price. If this is really the best price around....now I just have to determine how to get it back to Texas as I don’t want to drive it 24hours back to DFW...and what the process of registering and paying taxes on a vehicle bought out of state would be as this would be the first time I purchased a vehicle out of state. Any guidance or advice in this area is appreciated.

orlando bull

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s just the sales talk, but he assured me that at their cost they would lose $2,100 selling me the truck at this price. If this is really the best price around....now I just have to determine how to get it back to Texas as I don’t want to drive it 24hours back to DFW...and what the process of registering and paying taxes on a vehicle bought out of state would be as this would be the first time I purchased a vehicle out of state. Any guidance or advice in this area is appreciated.

I've bought out of state before, not sure about Texas, but, I bought in GA and live in FL, they were able to do the taxes and coordinate with registration even across state lines. My county tag office contacted me when the plate was ready for pickup. I may have had a small fee because they had to estimate it there, but, it was minimal. I'd ask them about that. I would fly up there and drive it back, if you can take someone to split time, you could do it in a couple of days. Just depends on the value to you. Hopefully you can find someone a bit closer that will get somewhere on price.

jmann

Reaction score
View attachment 92
I did a custom build on a 2500 Limited with them a couple years back. Took the drive back to Texas and saved around $3000 going through them. I heard the same smear campaign from some local dealers. They are legit. I was skeptical as well and I grilled them for almost 2 months before I pulled the trigger. Everything was transparent and no funny business. I did have a conversation with my salesman on how they can sell at such a loss. One takeaway was the money saved up front opened up greater possibility for the customers to buy lifts, tires, etc. directly from them. No pressure at all if you do or don't. Plus I am sure they get a good incentive from RAM with the amount of trucks they sell. Basically their business model is more than just profit on selling new vehicles.

I would definitely not worry with buying from them. However, there is a dealership in the DFW area that may get close to that price. They won't beat it, but would be something to consider. I have purchased from them last year, and have been talking to my salesman about a custom order on a 2500 Limited. Not sure where you live, but I could refer you if you like.

pd1072

Reaction score
I’d definitely be interested in which dealership can get close. I’ve spoke to a few others at this time and one said they are willing to lose $3,000 on it as they are ordering as boatload of them currently. Still not sure on a price yet, but I’m having them run a few builds right now to see where the numbers come back... I figure if I can get within $1,500 or so of DD’s price it would be worth it for convenience sake alone.

jmann

Reaction score
I’d definitely be interested in which dealership can get close. I’ve spoke to a few others at this time and one said they are willing to lose $3,000 on it as they are ordering as boatload of them currently. Still not sure on a price yet, but I’m having them run a few builds right now to see where the numbers come back... I figure if I can get within $1,500 or so of DD’s price it would be worth it for convenience sake alone.
The dealership is Meador RAM in Fort Worth. Kevin Eidson is who I work with. His email is keidson@meadorauto.com. They don't add all that crazy dealer add-ons too. Tell him that Joel referred you.

pd1072

Reaction score
What a coincidence. I’m currently working with Meador.... not the same sales guy but I will reach out to him if the numbers don’t come back where we need them. I appreciate everyone’s input and advice. This is my first Ram purchase and the support here’s been phenomenal. Thanks again.

jmann

Reaction score
What a coincidence. I’m currently working with Meador.... not the same sales guy but I will reach out to him if the numbers don’t come back where we need them. I appreciate everyone’s input and advice. This is my first Ram purchase and the support here’s been phenomenal. Thanks again.
Yes, that is quite the coincidence. Keep us posted on the pricing you receive!

orlando bull

Reaction score
Ok, finalizing this probably on Monday with deposit...

3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP: $75,000 even money
Negotiated price: $68,177

I'll get any rebates available when it comes in, I'm hoping for may delivery. Dealer did tell me about a current $1000 Sam's club member rebate, looks like a membership runs $30 or so on Groupon, I'll be signing up. He said you need to be a member for 30-days before it's available. Hopefully it's still available when I take delivery. Once I sign the papers, I'll post my build in the other thread.

rdz418

Reaction score
How is everyone getting a price quote from Dennis Dillon? Email or phone call?

Users who are viewing this thread