Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Wagon

MrMopar

Reaction score
Curious who's all ordered a Power Wagon...I'm in the Houston Texas area.
Date ordered...?
When they received it or still waiting...?
Color...?
Factory Add ons...?

Mine,
Still waiting...c'mon, c'mon, c'mon...grin
Delmonico Red
Spray in bed liner, Black side steps.

As of yesterday it was off to the Body Vender for Add ons.

tastysuds

Reaction score
Ordered 3/1, Blue Streak, Loaded with every option except for Harmon stereo, safety flares and bed cover. I was told it is off the train now waiting to be transported to the dealership. Not sure how long that will take. So it has been 8 weeks already.

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you have to order the Trailer tech group on the Power Wagon in order to get the 360 surround camera?

MrMopar

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you have to order the Trailer tech group on the Power Wagon in order to get the 360 surround camera?
Not sure....seems it's included in the pkg...
"
Customer Preferred Package 2ZP
Towing Technology Group $1,095 Center High–Mount Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera Surround–View Camera Trailer Reverse Guidance"
From my Window Sticker

Reaction score
TFL with a comparison video that I've personally been waiting for, especially with the Gladiator getting so much press lately.

Power Wagon VS Rebel VS Gladiator

Reaction score
Glad I ordered the PW

Yeah, I'm not really sure who the market is for the Gladiator as opposed to the Power Wagon. It's smaller, so it can go down different trails, sure... but if you wanted an off road go anywhere pickup, FCA already made one that's better.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really sure who the market is for the Gladiator as opposed to the Power Wagon. It's smaller, so it can go down different trails, sure... but if you wanted an off road go anywhere pickup, FCA already made one that's better.
98% of Jeeps on the road don't ever see dirt regularly. I imagine those are the people that will love them.

Reaction score
I can imagine Jeep owners wanting the Gladiator if the Power Wagon didn't already exist, it's just weird to me that a Jeep owner would think "Hey, I'd like a pickup truck that has as much off road capability as my Jeep... but I don't want one of those Power Wagon things."

Why would you want a longer Jeep with a really short bed and towing capacity instead of a Power Wagon?

I'm cross shopping F150 1500 Raptors Power Wagons. And then the release they Gladiator and it doesn't even fit into the equation. If I want the cheapest, I'll go with a Lariat. If I want the most space and most tech, I'll go with the 1500. If I want to go almost anywhere really fast, I'll go with the Raptor. If I want to go everywhere, I'll go with the Power Wagon. I'm not sure where the Gladiator fits into that equation anywhere.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
"It's not a Jeep"

That's what you're missing. Wrangler owners are more of a cult like mentality. Logic doesn't apply.

redwinelvr

Reaction score
Come on now.... I'm trading in my Jeep Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon for a Power Wagon. And I love, love the Jeep, but because I needed more towing capability and still wanted the off-road ability as well, I chose the PW. Had I not needed more towing, I likely would have gone with a Gladiator since I wanted a bed of some sort and more towing than my Wrangler could handle. The sheer size of a PW can be challenging for some folks. I have a decent size garage and it is still iffy. Garage parking in hail country is a consideration many have to make.

Reaction score
Edmunds does a comparison of the 2019 Raptor and Power Wagons, some off road dancing and some very easy crawling.

Reaction score
More Power Wagon reviews from TFL, the video is old and not a direct comparison of 2018(2017) to 2019, but that's what the article is about. Here's the important bits:

The new 2019 Power Wagon surprised with a 16.4 MPG highway fuel efficiency result. This is a huge improvement from 12.3 MPG that we got with a 2017 Power Wagon two years ago. This is a 25% improvement on our test.

We also saw a big improvement in the 0-60 MPH times. The old 2017 Power Wagon clocked in a 9.75 sec 0-60 MPH run (at a mile above sea level). The new 2019 truck measured at 8.12 seconds. This is a 16% improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread