Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Wagon Suspension

Nightrain

Reaction score
The Power Wagon has a 2 inch lift, is this the same as a leveling kit or is it 2 inches all around? I’m ordering a 2500 Limited with Off Road Package and want to set it up similar to the Power Wagon.
Thanks

redwinelvr

Reaction score
I took a look at a 2019 PW on the dealer lot today. Those wheel wells are huge. Aside from the rubbing question, 35s would have more than enough room, not even close.

Heckyl

Reaction score
The Power Wagon has a 2 inch lift, is this the same as a leveling kit or is it 2 inches all around? I’m ordering a 2500 Limited with Off Road Package and want to set it up similar to the Power Wagon.
Thanks

The power wagon is lifted front and back, not a level kit that just lifts the front. It still has a normal rake.

MrMopar

Reaction score
I took a look at a 2019 PW on the dealer lot today. Those wheel wells are huge. Aside from the rubbing question, 35s would have more than enough room, not even close.
My 33" tires are 31.5" tall from the ground...my Wife's Jeep's 35" are 32.5" tall from the ground.
Question is how Wide can we go on the Stock Rim...?

Nightrain

Reaction score
The power wagon is lifted front and back, not a level kit that just lifts the front. It still has a normal rake.
Is there an OEM 2” lift kit or am I’m better off with aftermarket?

Heckyl

Reaction score
Is there an OEM 2” lift kit or am I’m better off with aftermarket?

I have an 06 3500 that has a 2 in level kit for the front and 2 inch leaf spring blocks and u bolts for the rear. There is no OEM lift kit for the trucks that I know of. Also, I have never purchased an entire ( front and back ) lift kit for any of my trucks.
The reason for this is that they all lift the front more than the rear. For example, there are entire lift kits for these trucks that lift the front 2.5 in and the back 1 in. What you wind up with is a truck that sits level which I personally don’t like. Trucks need the rake to be able to handle payload and pull a trailer. When you load up those level trucks, they look like whooped dogs with their tail between their legs going down the road... not to mention dangerous. I suggest getting a separate lift for the front and a separate lift for the back, both the same size. Off my box now.

Nightrain

Reaction score
I have an 06 3500 that has a 2 in level kit for the front and 2 inch leaf spring blocks and u bolts for the rear. There is no OEM lift kit for the trucks that I know of. Also, I have never purchased an entire ( front and back ) lift kit for any of my trucks.
The reason for this is that they all lift the front more than the rear. For example, there are entire lift kits for these trucks that lift the front 2.5 in and the back 1 in. What you wind up with is a truck that sits level which I personally don’t like. Trucks need the rake to be able to handle payload and pull a trailer. When you load up those level trucks, they look like whooped dogs with their tail between their legs going down the road... not to mention dangerous. I suggest getting a separate lift for the front and a separate lift for the back, both the same size. Off my box now.
That makes sense. What brand would you recommend? Sorry I am pretty new to this.

Heckyl

Reaction score
That makes sense. What brand would you recommend? Sorry I am pretty new to this.
As far as the front level kit, BDS has a 2 inch level kit out for the 2019 2500 with a choice of shocks (fox 2.0 have great reviews). As far as the rear.... I have always lifted 3500s with leafs using blocks and u bolts which are easy to find in every height. So ... I searched on the internet for 2 inch rear spring spacers for a Ram 2500 and I could not find any, lots or 1 inch, a few 1.5 inch, but no 2 inch. It is a little early for 2019 suspension components to be out , but I would call BDS Suspension, and Carli suspension and ask for 2 inch rear spring spacers or rear springs that are 2 inches taller. If you can find either, then I suggest going with bilstein 5100 or fox 2.0 for front and back for 2 inches of lift. When you are asking for springs that are 2 inches taller for the Ram 2500, be sure to specify rear springs, not front springs ( because there are lots of taller front springs out there used for level kits, but cannot obviously use these for the back ). Good luck

Nightrain

Reaction score
As far as the front level kit, BDS has a 2 inch level kit out for the 2019 2500 with a choice of shocks (fox 2.0 have great reviews). As far as the rear.... I have always lifted 3500s with leafs using blocks and u bolts which are easy to find in every height. So ... I searched on the internet for 2 inch rear spring spacers for a Ram 2500 and I could not find any, lots or 1 inch, a few 1.5 inch, but no 2 inch. It is a little early for 2019 suspension components to be out , but I would call BDS Suspension, and Carli suspension and ask for 2 inch rear spring spacers or rear springs that are 2 inches taller. If you can find either, then I suggest going with bilstein 5100 or fox 2.0 for front and back for 2 inches of lift. When you are asking for springs that are 2 inches taller for the Ram 2500, be sure to specify rear springs, not front springs ( because there are lots of taller front springs out there used for level kits, but cannot obviously use these for the back ). Good luck
Thanks for your help and I leaning towards the Carli 3.5 suspension as soon as they are released.

woody284

Reaction score
I have had carli on my previous f250 diesel. Great products and held up. Always replacement coils over spacer. Thuren I think is another comparable to carli.

Noseimaj

Reaction score
37s will barely fit with the right wheel offset and stock power wagon height, however you’ll need to cut or reheat and shape the back of the wheel well liner, I get some rub at full lock running a 37x13.5x17 exo grappler on 17x8.5 AEV wheels on my 2019 PW. 35s should be now problem at all, just wish it was easier to get 12.5 inch wide 37 with a reasonable weight rating for such a heavy truck, they’d be very easy to fit.

Attachments

• 45307CF5-2B1C-47CF-9258-79E204234C4D.jpeg
    45307CF5-2B1C-47CF-9258-79E204234C4D.jpeg
    789.3 KB · Views: 78

RPS1030

Reaction score
37s will barely fit with the right wheel offset and stock power wagon height, however you’ll need to cut or reheat and shape the back of the wheel well liner, I get some rub at full lock running a 37x13.5x17 exo grappler on 17x8.5 AEV wheels on my 2019 PW. 35s should be now problem at all, just wish it was easier to get 12.5 inch wide 37 with a reasonable weight rating for such a heavy truck, they’d be very easy to fit.

Except for the BFG KM3s, it looks to me like almost all the 37x12.5x17s are a 124 load rating (~3500 lbs).

Noseimaj

Reaction score
Yeah the KM3s are great if you are looking for a mud terrain. The reason I didn’t got for BFGs on my rig was
1. Availability, a lot of shops here in San Jose Couldn’t get them due to COVID ristrictions,
2. Max pressure is 55psi on the BFG 37s (at least the K02s) and
3. The side wall is only a two ply, which weight rating aside doesn’t sound particularly durable for the sort of use we have in mind (Overland, backcountry camping)

I would have loved to find a 12.5 as they fit very well on the power wagon, but to hit 3 ply and E load rating, you have to go with a 13.5.

I’m starting to think the EXO Grapplers may wear a bit prematurely, they are practically a snow tire. Time will tell.

RPS1030

Reaction score
Yeah the KM3s are great if you are looking for a mud terrain. The reason I didn’t got for BFGs on my rig was
1. Availability, a lot of shops here in San Jose Couldn’t get them due to COVID ristrictions,
2. Max pressure is 55psi on the BFG 37s (at least the K02s) and
3. The side wall is only a two ply, which weight rating aside doesn’t sound particularly durable for the sort of use we have in mind (Overland, backcountry camping)

I would have loved to find a 12.5 as they fit very well on the power wagon, but to hit 3 ply and E load rating, you have to go with a 13.5.

I’m starting to think the EXO Grapplers may wear a bit prematurely, they are practically a snow tire. Time will tell.

Backwards, the KM3s are way low on their weight rating.

Toyos, Nittos, Coopers, etc are all 124 load rating 37x12.5. Ignore the letters, they don't mean anything anymore. I got Toyo RT 37x12.5 on my 16 PW twice. No complaints with towing or moderate wheeling in the SW. No flats, no damage, nice and round.

johanh13

Reaction score
your truck looks amazing! do you have any more photos? I am interested in getting those same wheels and 37x12.50 tires, with maybe a 1" front lift and king shocks...

Users who are viewing this thread