Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Wagon owner I need your help !

kristof

Reaction score
I own a 2020 Ram 2500 and would like to add the hidden winch. By looking using my vin number it shows me #7 (see image) as two pieces. But on the image they look different and if I look for part number for 7 it tells me bracket right and one piece required. Could someone go under the track and take some photos? I would really appreciate it.
winch.png

Omar RVA

Reaction score
It looks to be two different brackets (I have a 2020 PW with an April 2020 build date). That said, what's shown on the diagram seems to be a symmetrical part (notice there are two holes drilled in the bottom, which is the only reason one of mine wouldn't work on both sides) in which case I would imagine you need 2 of the single part number and you'd just flip them for install on driver vs. passenger side. I had taken these pics for another member for a different reason but they should get the point across; the first 2 pics are passenger side, second 2 pics are driver side.

OA

jZeOP7O.jpg

iyfgHis.jpg

Ya9i3Vq.jpg

mjUP0zm.jpg

kristof

Reaction score
Okay so first two pictures is the passenger side and second two driver side?

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Okay so first two pictures is the passenger side and second two driver side?

Sorry - yep I was in the process of editing my post to reflect that. May want to recheck it now.

OA

kristof

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing or find for me part numbers for both by your vin # ?

kristof

Reaction score
There is one left bracket showing for 2019 but I'm not sure it will fit. When I check by year it says it won't. But I can't find left one for 2020

kristof

Reaction score
I spoke to dealer and they suppose to contact me back on this but so far now answer.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Only way to know for sure is to see if your dealer has any on hand and you can see them in person (or just cough up the $70ish plus shipping to test). I've seen parts catalogs have a host of errors or inaccuracies in the past - there's no way to know for sure. If your heart's set on this, that's one thing, but if I had a non-power wagon, I would probably be buying an aftermarket winch bumper (AEV, Expedition one, etc) given the costs for the Mopar solution.

OA

kristof

Reaction score
Only way to know for sure is to see if your dealer has any on hand and you can see them in person (or just cough up the $70ish plus shipping to test). I've seen parts catalogs have a host of errors or inaccuracies in the past - there's no way to know for sure. If your heart's set on this, that's one thing, but if I had a non-power wagon, I would probably be buying an aftermarket winch bumper (AEV, Expedition one, etc) given the costs for the Mopar solution.

OA
But I really do want the hidden one and there is one company who makes them for 1500 and still working on one for 2500

kristof

Reaction score
I'm going to climb under my truck and take some photos and see how it looks there

kristof

Reaction score
So it looks like I already have bolts where the bracket attach
ac61432ddfa391d2836db494d19a5786.jpg
d15b25876aac8e981423b8f81866be9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

kristof

Reaction score
I also ordered the winch right side bracket. I want to see how different the left have to be.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
But I really do want the hidden one and there is one company who makes them for 1500 and still working on one for 2500

You're probably talking about Vice designs. I had their hidden mount on my 2019 1500. Was great FWIW. Used it about 3 times in the year I had it.

jadmt

Reaction score
mine only does it when i roll my window down before I start it...If I keep my window up before starting it sounds great lol.

Users who are viewing this thread