Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Below is the sticker for my truck
3500 Limited Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box
  • Engine: 6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
  • Axle: 3.73 Axle
  • Options:
    • Protection Group
    • Towing Technology Group
    • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
    • Dual Alternators Rated @ 440 Amps
    • Auto Level Rear Air Suspension
    • Power Sunroof
    • Deployable Bed Step
    • 5.5 Additional Gallons of Diesel

wassmittyfan

Reaction score
Just for reference: my 2500 HD GMC Limited. No real difference. Thankfully, for what I use it for the New 2500 Mega Cab Limited will do just fine for me3A137AB4-F00E-4815-ACBD-38387FA96240.jpeg

Zinga

Reaction score
I don't have the truck yet. It should arrive in the next week or two. But I checked and Ram Trucks recognizes the VIN. But from what I'm told, the FCA website doesn't mean much.

Here is the corrected payload and tow capacity.

Hopefully, a 2019 3500 Laramie is built. I'll find out when it arrives.

On the meantime, here's the door sticker of my 15 year old Ford F350 XLT CC DRW V10. Based on what I'm seeing, I suspect the RAM truck will be a downgrade regarding payload. LOL. No big deal. I planning on use the Ford as the workhorse for heavy loads and the Ram as the fun truck for towing our lightweight 5th wheel.

Last edited:

Jackmayhoffer

Reaction score
Vancouver island, british columbia, canada
I don't have the truck yet. It should arrive in the next week or two. But I checked and Ram Trucks recognizes the VIN. But from what I'm told, the FCA website doesn't mean much.

Here is the corrected payload and tow capacity.
View attachment 579

Hopefully, a 2019 3500 Laramie is built. I'll find out when it arrives.

On the meantime, here's the door sticker of my 15 year old Ford F350 XLT CC DRW V10. Based on what I'm seeing, I suspect the RAM truck will be a downgrade regarding payload. LOL. No big deal. I planning on use the Ford as the workhorse for heavy loads and the Ram as the fun truck for towing our lightweight 5th wheel.
View attachment 581
Those numbers arnt right. Not even remotely close! Lol. Ur payload will be in the high 3000s and your towing will be 24000 lb give or take. Not 5000 lb lol. There is a serious error there. This truck will be rated mich higher than your old f350

Jackmayhoffer

Reaction score
Vancouver island, british columbia, canada
Those numbers arnt right. Not even remotely close! Lol. Ur payload will be in the high 3000s and your towing will be 24000 lb give or take. Not 5000 lb lol. There is a serious error there. This truck will be rated mich higher than your old f350
If ur new truck is a dually the towing number that thast site shows is around what ur payload will be. Not sure what that 500lb number in there is. U can load more than that in a 85 tocoma let alone a 1 ton ram.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
6.4l 4.10 gears big Horn sport and off-road packages.

IMG-20190702-135521.jpg

Zinga

Reaction score
Those numbers arnt right. Not even remotely close! Lol.
No kidding. When I originally posted the payload and tow capacity, it was based on the VIN taken directly from the Ram website. When I was told that the payload and tow capacity based on the VIN didn't mean much, I edited the screenshot from Ram. It's kind of funny that it took so long for anyone to notice. LOL.

So, it appears there is about a 11% reduction in payload capacity from VIN and the actual sticker. That's stupid if you ask me. If you input a VIN and the payload and tow capacity is is fake, why have a website to check on payload and tow capacity? 10-11% is quite a big error.

The Ram provided VIN payload capacity on my 2019 3500 DRW HO Aisin (and the larger axle) is 5560 lbs. With an 10.6% reduction, the new truck's payload capacity could be around 4969#. So, I'm glad I'm keeping my 2005 F350 V10 gasser because I'll use it for putting heavy loads in the bed, which I do often enough. I'll pamper the new 3500 HO Ram and use it light loads and towing, and I'll keep it out of the dirt.

BTW, I'm not putting down the Ram. Just stating the facts as best as I know them. I find it odd that a 15 year old truck with a gas engine potentially has a higher payload capacity. So be it. I'm still looking forward to getting the new truck.

Last edited:

Omarf4

Reaction score
Here is mine. 19’ 2500 3.73 rear axle and auto level air ride crew cab Laramie with Rambox’s. Cummins.
53C58535-19B1-4A5B-9D1F-B8A6533A6AE9.jpeg

Last edited:

Omarf4

Reaction score
Ram boxes, 4x4, anti spin rear differential, dual batteries, dual alternators...
Was surprised also when researching this thread before purchase and then finally seeing the payload sticker. The options that were in the truck were worth it as I still have 5-600 lbs of spare payload when towing plus passengers.

Users who are viewing this thread