Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinned thread cleanup?

jebruns

Reaction score
I'd respectfully ask that someone go through and take a good look at all the pinned threads. Many of them are no longer relevant and/or have not had a new post for years.

mountainears

Reaction score
When you have a crap ton of pinned posts they become not really relevant. I second the request :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Please provide an example of one that is:

1. Not had any recent posts
2. Doesn't have a high and/or incrementing view count
3. Isn't an FAQ or how-to technical thread
4. Isn't for a current/open or fire hazard recall

I will consider.

In future, please tag the mods, I may have easily overlooked this.

mountainears

Reaction score
Part of it may just be the crappy way the mobile client makes it more annoying. You have to get through the stickies to get to the current stuff. Some other apps do kind of a tabbed view in a forum so you can switch between them quickly.

In any case, since I chimed in there are 12 you have to scroll through.

Since we’re in 2023 orders now even though it is active the 2022 ones could probably be de-pinned as the people involved probably know how to find that.

There are two extended warranty ones, maybe they can be combined? One hasn’t had a post in 8 months.

Didn’t circle the CP4. I know it was hot, but like the 22 stuff those impacted probably are subscribed and know it. Last post is 2 years old.

Just my 2 cents. A little nit picky I know, didn’t bother me a ton but since it was posted I figured I’d mention it :)

d22dee4576691cab04ef196cf7ded57a.jpg

jebruns

Reaction score
More examples, from the 6.7 powertrain sub-forum. None of these have a new post for over a year. Sure, some should remain pinned, like the Cummins Filter info. Not saying they should all be unpinned, but some sure could be, like the 3,000,000th post.
1675167358303.png

mountainears

Reaction score
I have to say I do like in this app the ability to just look at unread (across forums) and subscribed posts. And to be able to quickly mark them read.

But it highlighted / reminded me as to why pinned posts came about. Just because something hasn’t had a post in 8 months doesn’t mean it’s not important and shouldn’t be pinned. In fact that could be why it should be pinned.

There are other posts like the order posts that have posts every 5 minutes it seems. I notice that when I use the unread function, mark them all read and you’ll see real quick what are the most active posts. Those ones maybe don’t need as much help by being pinned….

It’s a tough balancing act.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say I do like in this app the ability to just look at unread (across forums) and subscribed posts. And to be able to quickly mark them read.

But it highlighted / reminded me as to why pinned posts came about. Just because something hasn’t had a post in 8 months doesn’t mean it’s not important and shouldn’t be pinned. In fact that could be why it should be pinned.

There are other posts like the order posts that have posts every 5 minutes it seems. I notice that when I use the unread function, mark them all read and you’ll see real quick what are the most active posts. Those ones maybe don’t need as much help by being pinned….

It’s a tough balancing act.

The order posts were stuck initially as we otherwise get SO many new member posts asking the same things (that are covered in the stickies).

That's also part of the reason for some of the others, besides the obvious ones like AlfaOBD, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread