Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of 37's on stock wheels

UGARude

Reaction score
My 2023 Longhorn is on it's way to me and I'm taking it in for a level and 37's as soon as it gets here. I ran across an older post asking for pics of 35's on stocks but didn't see anything dedicated to 37" tires. Anybody have pics of your truck with stock wheels and 37's? Bonus points if it's the Longhorn wheels.
ram3.jpg

tchur1

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. Just FYI most people dont keep the stock wheels w/ 37s because the stock wheels offset/backspacing makes it really challenging to clear 37s. I would expect a lot of trimming to be needed for 37s on stock wheels.

UGARude

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. Just FYI most people dont keep the stock wheels w/ 37s because the stock wheels offset/backspacing makes it really challenging to clear 37s. I would expect a lot of trimming to be needed for 37s on stock wheels.
Thanks brother. And yes, you're right. They are going to have to do some trimming to avoid any rubbing but I've accepted that it's necessary for the look that I want.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I went down this rathole one night when I was bored and had insomnia after seeing a picture of a 4th gen on one of the other forums running 37x11.50R20's on stock longhorn wheels (can't seem to find it now). It looked pretty good, but did require some trimming and did not clear the stock swaybar or radius arms lock to lock.

Thuren claims that you will clear with their Swaybar and Radius arms running stock wheels, but you'll have to trim :

UGARude

Reaction score
I went down this rathole one night when I was bored and had insomnia after seeing a picture of a 4th gen on one of the other forums running 37x11.50R20's on stock longhorn wheels (can't seem to find it now). It looked pretty good, but did require some trimming and did not clear the stock swaybar or radius arms lock to lock.

Thuren claims that you will clear with their Swaybar and Radius arms running stock wheels, but you'll have to trim :

I've looked at the Thuren and the Carli both. And I believe you're right, some trimming is inevitable pretty much no matter which route you take without going to a lift that's bigger than what I want.

TT95

Reaction score
Do you think it will need new gears? I keep reading that you should really consider at least 4.10 gears even with a diesel when moving up to 37's.

ironmike

Reaction score
My 2023 Longhorn is on it's way to me and I'm taking it in for a level and 37's as soon as it gets here. I ran across an older post asking for pics of 35's on stocks but didn't see anything dedicated to 37" tires. Anybody have pics of your truck with stock wheels and 37's? Bonus points if it's the Longhorn wheels.
View attachment 50591
ALL THUREN…. 2020 Ram 3500 HO Mega 4x4, 2.25 coils, Thuren valved king 2.0’s, Thuren track bar, Thuren High Angle sway bar, Thuren alien radius arms, Fox ATS steering stabilizer, DOR steering box support. Airlift load lifter 7500xl rear bags with 7400EZ wireless air system, 37/12.5 stock 20’s BFG KM3’s!!!
NO TRIMMING, CUTTING , HACKING NEEDED WHATSOEVER. ZERO RUB!!!! Do it properly with ARMS and you’ll be happy with stocks in 37’s!!

Image.png

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Do you think it will need new gears? I keep reading that you should really consider at least 4.10 gears even with a diesel when moving up to 37's.
It would help take stress of the tranny and is probably not a bad idea for those who regularly tow heavier things that have 68RFE trucks. That being said the 4th gens came with 3.42 gears and thats about what it works out when you take a 3.73 truck from stock 33.5" tires to the average 37 (36.5"). If you don't tow much or have the HO/Aisin then it's not that big a deal on these 4.23131892741284371289412 gen rams.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
ALL THUREN…. 2020 Ram 3500 HO Mega 4x4, 2.25 coils, Thuren valved king 2.0’s, Thuren track bar, Thuren High Angle sway bar, Thuren alien radius arms, Fox ATS steering stabilizer, DOR steering box support. Airlift load lifter 7500xl rear bags with 7400EZ wireless air system, 37/12.5 stock 20’s BFG KM3’s!!!
NO TRIMMING, CUTTING , HACKING NEEDED WHATSOEVER. ZERO RUB!!!! Do it properly with ARMS and you’ll be happy with stocks in 37’s!!

View attachment 50614

That's a really nice looking combo with the PR4 and stock night edition wheels there! One thing to remember is that BFGs typically run a little small which I've used to my benefit on many trucks. I'd speculate that if you really flexed out the front while turning you'd have a little rub on the liner plastic, but also every truck's fitment can be just a little different in my experience. You'd also probably be rubbing plastic if you went to like a Toyo M/T that run closer to true diameter and fatter than spec'd (I've had a few trucks over the years where I either had to stick with BFGs, downsize when going to toyos, or trim a little more plastic to run the toyos).

UGARude

Reaction score
I've heard it both ways on the need to regear. I plan to put the 37's on and see how things feel first. I can always change gears out later.

UGARude

Reaction score

View attachment 50614
Looks perfect. Love it.

ironmike

Reaction score
That's a really nice looking combo with the PR4 and stock night edition wheels there! One thing to remember is that BFGs typically run a little small which I've used to my benefit on many trucks. I'd speculate that if you really flexed out the front while turning you'd have a little rub on the liner plastic, but also every truck's fitment can be just a little different in my experience. You'd also probably be rubbing plastic if you went to like a Toyo M/T that run closer to true diameter and fatter than spec'd (I've had a few trucks over the years where I either had to stick with BFGs, downsize when going to toyos, or trim a little more plastic to run the toyos).
I hear ya... I researched a ton before i pulled on KM3's.. I have compressed pretty hard during a turn & no rubbs yet.. Haven't jumped it yet, LOL!! Yes every truck is different by minimal fractions that may get some lucky, But the arms are the only way to go. you spend the $$$$ either way swapping wheels & tires and not correctly swapping arms... or swap arms to keep stock 20's... it's all about geometry. i will be due for some new shoes soon & originally wanted the RT's, but unavailable at the time.. i would love to run the 37 RT's and get feedback!!!

gary.rasmus

Reaction score

View attachment 50614
This is perfect i actually just bought the same truck except with the hemi. just put on 2.5 lift. tires are 36

johanh13

Reaction score

View attachment 50614
Awesome looking rig! I would be curious to see more photos of the tires at the angle closest to rubbing.... thanks

gary.rasmus

Reaction score
toyo open country 295/60-20. i mistakenly got them before the lift. i should have waited and gone bigger. the pics are after adding flares and lift then the day i got the shell installed. 2.5 rough country lift, airlift 7500xl, amp power steps, rough country flares, ARE topper, custom arizona dirt :) maybe it’s the lighting but 36’s look small now

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpeg
    IMG_0219.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • 71598771176__BB6F1C8F-D0EA-4306-8B29-F8D777F94A24.jpeg
    71598771176__BB6F1C8F-D0EA-4306-8B29-F8D777F94A24.jpeg
    794.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread