Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone ringer volume through Uconnect

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Hi all. Not sure if this has been covered.
I have the 8.4 screen in my 2021 2500.
If my wife and i are talking over the radio (Volume fairly low) and the phone happens to ring, it rings at max volume.
Its almost dangerously loud as it makes us jump.

Might also explain why one of my speakers sounds like its blown already after 2 months of ownership.

Is there a setting im missing? Ive played with the loudness settings that increase volume automatically at higher speeds, but didn't seem to effect my concern.

Linked4door

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with a difference in the navigation volume and music volume on my 12"screen. When the music is playing I can adjust the volume via the nob and only that changes. When the navigation interrupts the music, i can turn the volume know and only the navigation volume changes. Maybe the phone calls are a similar setup.

EDIT: looks like i was right. This guy does a better job explaining lol

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, when its ringing, try turning down the volume using the knob.

That's how it worked on another car I had. On the truck, I guess it was already low enough that I didn't need to change it. But when I'm talking on it, I can adjust the volume with the knob separate from the radio or voice commands.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with a difference in the navigation volume and music volume on my 12"screen. When the music is playing I can adjust the volume via the nob and only that changes. When the navigation interrupts the music, i can turn the volume know and only the navigation volume changes. Maybe the phone calls are a similar setup.

EDIT: looks like i was right. This guy does a better job explaining lol
Thanks for that. That did explain it quite well and help. I was able to lower the U connect volume with this for the ringer. It defaults to 14 which i still find quite loud.
I think the problem is thought when i answer the phone i need to turn it back up to hear the person who is calling, so i always leave it well above the 14 mark by the end of the call.

Ringing at vol 14 while the truck is sitting at idle is still quite loud IMO. Maybe i need an exhaust...lol

Firebird

Reaction score
I tried it too, but still defaults back to 15 on mine

Linked4door

Reaction score
The default volume being stuck from what I can tell has been an issue for a long time if you search any other forums. I don't recall the issue on my 12" screen though, but then again I rarely talked on the phone while driving. Some people claim to force a firmware update with that of a jeep to get it to work, not sure that is worth the hassle. The 22 build i ordered has a 8.4" screen, so I hope that doesn't still have the same issue.

Firebird

Reaction score
Neither of my 2019's had the issue, but my 2018 did, and my 21 does

jadmt

Reaction score
my 2020 with 8.4 does and it is annoying for sure.. I can turn it down when it is ringing , after startling the crap out of me, but the next time someone calls it is right back on full volume. I swear people move out the way when my phone rings because it sounds like a train whistle behind them.

BullyFan07

Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread! This was driving me nuts, and I couldn’t figure out for the life of me how to lower the ring volume!

Users who are viewing this thread