Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone calling itself on my Uconnect system

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? If Bluetooth is connected and I’m on my phone, usually certain apps and websites will cause my phone to call itself. When I had my Ford with Sync 3 that never happened. Maybe it’s normal, idk.

@JC

Reaction score
Never had that happen on any of my Uconnect enabled vehicles.

MSundet

Reaction score
I had that today and yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSundet

Reaction score
It’s very annoying

I don’t know if it was a malfunction of the phone or the truck, sometimes I believe it’s the malfunction of my phone not being able to connect properly I don’t know

RamGuy84

Reaction score
If I access apps like Snapchat, or certain websites, it starts calling itself.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Have you tried the following?

Un-pairing your phone from the vehicle,
Turn your phone off for a several minutes,
Turn switch off to vehicle and leave the vehicle for a few minutes,
Then turn your phone back on,
Then return to the vehicle and pair your phone back up again.

P.S Make sure your leave several minutes between each step mentioned above.

Sometimes that will fix some things I have found out unless it is another issue.

Last edited:

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Yes. This has been an ongoing issue since I got it in August, among the other many issues I’ve had.

MikeXM

Reaction score
If you guys search this on Google you will see that it is not an isolated issue. Both Android and iPhones. Ford, BMW, Tesla, etc.

So it is not related to uConnect only. And not just one brand of phone.

There's seems to be many solutions too. So you should try to find one that works for you using Google.

MSundet

Reaction score
Have you tried the following?

Un-pairing your phone from the vehicle,
Turn your phone off for a several minutes,
Turn switch off to vehicle and leave the vehicle for a few minutes,
Then turn your phone back on,
Then return to the vehicle and pair your phone back up again.

P.S Make sure your leave several minutes between each step mentioned above.

Sometimes that will fix some things I have found out unless it is another issue.

Of course this has been an ongoing issue with many manufacturers but just more annoying when the old U connect never seemed to have issues...

RamGuy84

Reaction score
When I first got the truck I would be having a conversation via Bluetooth and after 10+ minutes, the person I was talking to could no longer hear me, though the connection was still there. I took it in with my wobbly hood and “couldn’t be replicated” of course.

GLB1950

Reaction score
While in my wife's Murano, on several occasions, I've received calls from my Dr and my cousin (special ring tones). never anybody there. Ghost rings.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Had an old Sammy S4 plugged into the system initially and now a S10 - no issues. However, the boss was getting PO'd last summer when we was on the the road with the roll'n dog house. Every time she was doing the text thing, Uconmect would try to pair with her phone. Finally convinced her just to do it.

2014 Red Laramie

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? If Bluetooth is connected and I’m on my phone, usually certain apps and websites will cause my phone to call itself. When I had my Ford with Sync 3 that never happened. Maybe it’s normal, idk.
Mine started doing that yesterday. Says “My Phone” and the call blocks the radio from playing, obviously. I had to delete my phone to get it to stop.

SantosTFC

Reaction score
My phone did this with my ex wife's Ford Escape sync program.

Now my warlock does it too.

It has to be a phone issue as it did it when I was away from the car its a blue tooth problem as my headphones to my phone had the same issue it was calling itself and playing my music through the phone its strange thing that's for sure. Wouldn't blame unconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread