Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCM Error code p1400-00 on a brand new 2020 2500

BlueCoal21

Reaction score
Alright so an update, the dealer in my town is an idiot. I went to another dealer about 40 minutes away, they discovered the code and upon checking found a service bulletin. They then confirmed it wasn't tagged on the BCU and the software was manufacturer but out of date and their was an update to do for it.

Sufficient to say I will not be dealing with my local dealer for anything ever again it isnt worth the hassle, or worth bringing it back 3-4 times to have something done right. They take the worst stance towards customer service and are clearly incompetent.
Any way you can tell me what dealership discovered the problem and the service bulletin ? I’m hoping I can talk to someone over there and maybe get the service bulletin number.

BlueCoal21

Reaction score
Alright so an update, the dealer in my town is an idiot. I went to another dealer about 40 minutes away, they discovered the code and upon checking found a service bulletin. They then confirmed it wasn't tagged on the BCU and the software was manufacturer but out of date and their was an update to do for it.

Sufficient to say I will not be dealing with my local dealer for anything ever again it isnt worth the hassle, or worth bringing it back 3-4 times to have something done right. They take the worst stance towards customer service and are clearly incompetent.
Do you have the Service Bulletin number / software update number?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
OP hasn't been seen since Sep 2021. Perhaps try a PM. If he's getting email notice on PM's he may respond.

He posted the first dealer in post #10, maybe process of elimination is needed.

Jimcummings

Reaction score
The check engine light came on on my 2021 Ram 2500 diesel with 17,000 miles. So I take it to the dealership thinking it's a sensor or something since it has no mechanical problems. Then after they keep it for a day and a half I get a phone call saying it has a p1400 code and tell me that an (Aftermarket Calibration Detected). I tell them what are you talking about it's only been to this dealership since I had my first oil change. They tell me that the only way that code p1400 would appear is if I had an aftermarket tune. This is crazy I didn't have it tuned and for that matter it's only been at this dealership for service.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The check engine light came on on my 2021 Ram 2500 diesel with 17,000 miles. So I take it to the dealership thinking it's a sensor or something since it has no mechanical problems. Then after they keep it for a day and a half I get a phone call saying it has a p1400 code and tell me that an (Aftermarket Calibration Detected). I tell them what are you talking about it's only been to this dealership since I had my first oil change. They tell me that the only way that code p1400 would appear is if I had an aftermarket tune. This is crazy I didn't have it tuned and for that matter it's only been at this dealership for service.

Find a different dealer or reach out to @RamCares . and bring up the (unknown) TSB mentioned.

Fastduner

Reaction score
Find a different dealer or reach out to @RamCares . and bring up the (S2318000001) TSB mentioned.
I feel like this has to happen A LOT!!! It sounds like a class action suite thing. Especially if someone can get a brand new truck and take it straight to the service bay and scan it. If that code pops up ... SCREWED. which it what I feel they are trying to do to the customers. Most people are perfectly happy with the HP and TQ of these setups. Most people arent going to screw with a warrantee on a 80k plus vehicle. The Big 3 are so profit driven that they are blinded. Believe the code not the customer. The software was created by an engineer and they find issues in software all the time and re-write and tweek software. Howthey can say that the software says it so it must be true is disgusting. I'll bet you could easily trip that code just by flashing at the dealer. I really hope thousands of people can be located that have the same issues. I'd love to see RAM back on their heals on this 1. Make it a Camp Lejeune style campaign and Ram would loose soooo many sales. I dont know many (brand loyal or not) who would pay the insane increasing price of these vehicles knowing that the second they close the deal the dealer can site some code and void everything. GRADE A BS!!! I am so mad at what you guys are going through.

Last edited by a moderator:

EffTheMan

Reaction score

RAM TSB S2318000001​

This appears to be the service bulletin... seems all these dealers are idiots. No surprise there.

Users who are viewing this thread