Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCM Error code p1400-00 on a brand new 2020 2500

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
Just traded my loaded longhorn 2019 1500 on Friday for something with a lil more Pulling power. A loaded ram 2500 2020 Laramie. I noticed the other day that their was a massive 2 second response delay on my Bluetooth input to the point where voice communication is impossible. And the truck has the worst Sirius radio reception I've ever experienced. I brought it to the local dealer to have it looked at. They check the programs and it all comes back up to date on my uconnect.so they just reset the system....so that problem is still their.

This is when they ask me something weird "have you tried to flash the PCM, or did the dealer you bought it from". To which I can only respond no. So they tell me my warranty is void and that my brand new truck isn't running the factory pcm program. I don't understand how in the hell this is possible. Has anyone else had this happen? Their is no way that I would ever tune this damn thing it's a 2500 on the weaker trans that's a recipe for disaster. I just bought this thing and brought it home Friday, it's wensday at the time I'm writing this. Tomorrow I plan to drive to another dealer to have them double check that my home town dealer just isnt incompetent and I've notified the dealer I purchased the truck from of the issues. I'll attach some pictures of what they gave to me , any insight into this would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_173908.jpg
    IMG_20210224_173908.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20210224_173915.jpg
    IMG_20210224_173915.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20210224_173938.jpg
    IMG_20210224_173938.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 80

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
Reach out to @RamCares to see if they can help.

Brand new truck?

How many miles?

Gas or Diesel?
Yes brand new, Cummins. It has some 726kms on it, not sure what that is in miles maybe 450 ish? Had maybe 65miles at time of purchase I assume from either test drives or moving it around dealers.

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
Alright so an update, the dealer in my town is an idiot. I went to another dealer about 40 minutes away, they discovered the code and upon checking found a service bulletin. They then confirmed it wasn't tagged on the BCU and the software was manufacturer but out of date and their was an update to do for it.

Sufficient to say I will not be dealing with my local dealer for anything ever again it isnt worth the hassle, or worth bringing it back 3-4 times to have something done right. They take the worst stance towards customer service and are clearly incompetent.

Pronto

Reaction score
That's pretty crazy. Good thing you went to another dealer. Too bad your local dealer sucks.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes brand new, Cummins. It has some 726kms on it, not sure what that is in miles maybe 450 ish? Had maybe 65miles at time of purchase I assume from either test drives or moving it around dealers.
What dealer so all of us canadians can avoid them lol

neve

Reaction score
Alright so an update, the dealer in my town is an idiot. I went to another dealer about 40 minutes away, they discovered the code and upon checking found a service bulletin. They then confirmed it wasn't tagged on the BCU and the software was manufacturer but out of date and their was an update to do for it.

Sufficient to say I will not be dealing with my local dealer for anything ever again it isnt worth the hassle, or worth bringing it back 3-4 times to have something done right. They take the worst stance towards customer service and are clearly incompetent.

Livno70

Reaction score

Sufficient to say I will not be dealing with my local dealer for anything ever again it isnt worth the hassle, or worth bringing it back 3-4 times to have something done right. They take the worst stance towards

customer service and are clearly incompetent.

Livno70

Reaction score
Hi
I own 2021 Ram 3500 limited cumins
I have same problem sam code dealer don’t believe me they thing I did something with software can you explain me how they fix your truck I don’t know what to do
I live in California and if I don’t fix problem I’m not be able to pass smog check

fossfactor

Reaction score
Just traded my loaded longhorn 2019 1500 on Friday for something with a lil more Pulling power. A loaded ram 2500 2020 Laramie. I noticed the other day that their was a massive 2 second response delay on my Bluetooth input to the point where voice communication is impossible. And the truck has the worst Sirius radio reception I've ever experienced. I brought it to the local dealer to have it looked at. They check the programs and it all comes back up to date on my uconnect.so they just reset the system....so that problem is still their.

This is when they ask me something weird "have you tried to flash the PCM, or did the dealer you bought it from". To which I can only respond no. So they tell me my warranty is void and that my brand new truck isn't running the factory pcm program. I don't understand how in the hell this is possible. Has anyone else had this happen? Their is no way that I would ever tune this damn thing it's a 2500 on the weaker trans that's a recipe for disaster. I just bought this thing and brought it home Friday, it's wensday at the time I'm writing this. Tomorrow I plan to drive to another dealer to have them double check that my home town dealer just isnt incompetent and I've notified the dealer I purchased the truck from of the issues. I'll attach some pictures of what they gave to me , any insight into this would be most appreciated.
Is this a brand new truck? If possible I would take it back to the dealer you purchased it from. It would seem they are liable if the tried to change the factory set.

fossfactor

Reaction score
Saw your answer above. I agree the dealer is an idiot and my experience with Ram dealers good mechanics are very hard to find.

BlueCoal21

Reaction score

Well, I purchased a brand new Ram 2500 with a Cummins Motor in it back in September of 2021. It started shifting pretty hard into second gear around 4000 miles. I took it to the dealership where I bought it and got the exact same question you got. Has anyone flashed the PCM? You have a P1400-00 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION CODE. This will void your warranty.I hardly drive the darn thing and have taken it to a second dealership which just gave me the same question and said they can’t do anything with it. Im absolutely livid! This can’t be happening to me. It hasn’t even had its first oil change and they think I did something to the PCM. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I ‘’think‘’I would be believed by dealer if I was in your pickle. Small farming town where everyone knows everyone sort of thing. Maybe try a dealer out in the sticks if possible. Sorry that’s all I got.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I purchased a brand new Ram 2500 with a Cummins Motor in it back in September of 2021. It started shifting pretty hard into second gear around 4000 miles. I took it to the dealership where I bought it and got the exact same question you got. Has anyone flashed the PCM? You have a P1400-00 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION CODE. This will void your warranty.I hardly drive the darn thing and have taken it to a second dealership which just gave me the same question and said they can’t do anything with it. Im absolutely livid! This can’t be happening to me. It hasn’t even had its first oil change and they think I did something to the PCM. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did you read post #6?

BlueCoal21

Reaction score
Hi
I own 2021 Ram 3500 limited cumins
I have same problem sam code dealer don’t believe me they thing I did something with software can you explain me how they fix your truck I don’t know what to do
I live in California and if I don’t fix problem I’m not be able to pass smog check
Did you ever get the issue resolved?? If so, how??

Users who are viewing this thread