Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payload and Towing Capacity-Ram 3500 Limited, diesel HO, 4.10, SRW, crew, short bed, 4x4, loaded (leveling included) except snow chief and sunroof.

Dukelittle

Reaction score
Wow, I saw lots of off the wall SRW numbers, DRW numbers (14K and 4.10 rear) thrown out for the OP's list.

SRW diesel is 3.73 rear end only
HO gets the 12" rear
CCSB 4x4 HO GVWR is 11,800, tow capacity is ~23K
CCLB GVWR is 12,300
Dooley is 14K

My CCLB HO Limited sans sunroof is 12,300 GVWR, payload 3707, you're likely to be ~310lbs under that based on the charts.

View attachment 37877

Be forewarned, the charts still show higher tow capacities than the VIN lookup. Not sure what's going on there. My truck used to show ~25k and change on VIN lookup, now shows ~23.5K. I think they have me confused with a short guy.

I’m in Canada and could’t find any trucks here that matched mine to do payload lookup by VIN. I found a few last night in the US and the payload ranged from 3388lbs to 3650lbs. The 3388 was the closest to my truck but it had a mopar 20k 5th wheel hitch from the factor which is 131lbs. Not sure if that is added to the payload when it comes from the factory or not?
Wow, I saw lots of off the wall SRW numbers, DRW numbers (14K and 4.10 rear) thrown out for the OP's list.

SRW diesel is 3.73 rear end only
HO gets the 12" rear
CCSB 4x4 HO GVWR is 11,800, tow capacity is ~23K
CCLB GVWR is 12,300
Dooley is 14K

My CCLB HO Limited sans sunroof is 12,300 GVWR, payload 3707, you're likely to be ~310lbs under that based on the charts.

View attachment 37877

Be forewarned, the charts still show higher tow capacities than the VIN lookup. Not sure what's going on there. My truck used to show ~25k and change on VIN lookup, now shows ~23.5K. I think they have me confused with a short guy.

I could find my exact truck in Canada to do a VIN payload lookup but I did find almost the same truck in the
I have a very similar truck to yours and my payload is about 3700 lbs and towing over 20k. You should be fine with the 5ver you outlined.
I’ll be very happy with anything around or near 3600…thank you

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m in Canada and could’t find any trucks here that matched mine to do payload lookup by VIN. I found a few last night in the US and the payload ranged from 3388lbs to 3650lbs. The 3388 was the closest to my truck but it had a mopar 20k 5th wheel hitch from the factor which is 131lbs. Not sure if that is added to the payload when it comes from the factory or not?

Any Factory option including the hitch will reduce the stickered payload.

Dukelittle

Reaction score
Any Factory option including the hitch will reduce the stickered payload.
Yes, but I was surprised to see a number so low…others that had the same sticker option were all over 3500 lbs. That’s why I thought the factory may have included the hitch?

chas0218

Reaction score
Others have also mentioned before that you could change out the 5th wheel hitch for the goosebox and trade the weight of the 5th wheel hitch for the payload.

Firebird

Reaction score
My contractor has a 3500 Limited HO single wheel Mega Cab, payload is only 3700 pounds

3500guy

Reaction score
Need some help…ordered the above truck loaded except snow chief package and sunroof and I’m worried about max. payload capacity. I just bought a 5th wheel trailer and after a painful 6 months, got a 33.3 footer. I was watching my hitch weight and trailer gvwr and all of the 34/35 footers we looked at and when we bought this one (because the wife loved it and and she was just told she was cancer free), I missed checking which it (Very happy day). I don’t have the truck (ordered Feb 10th) but wanted to know if I going to have an issue with payload (I don’t want to ruin to moment with the wife).

5th wheel dry weight is 11,400 lbs, hitch weight is 2,350, GVWR 15,000lbs. (Only my wife and I in the truck and maybe some other stuff 500lbs total to be safe). It did want to add a hijacker autosliding hitch that weighs ~330lbs.

Any help would be more than greatly appreciated since I can’t check the door sticker…hope to be able to tow safely.
I just took delivery of pretty much the same truck as you described, 3500 Limited, 4.10s, HO, no snow package, but also no level package. My payload on the yellow sticker is 3580 pounds.

Dukelittle

Reaction score
I just took delivery of pretty much the same truck as you described, 3500 Limited, 4.10s, HO, no snow package, but also no level package. My payload on the yellow sticker is 3580 pounds.
Thanks…anything 3500lbs or greater would be great!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

There is no 19+ SRW diesel truck available with 4.10 gears.

3500guy

Reaction score
I am so f'ing happy that there are people on this site so quick to point out mistakes. Thank you so much. I just pulled out my line sheet. I do apologize my rear end is code DME 3.73 gear ratio.

Last edited:

Dukelittle

Reaction score
There is no 19+ SRW diesel truck available with 4.10 gears.
It was part of my build sheet the dealer gave me… maybe that’s why I don’t have a VIN yet? And I’m more that fine with the 3.73. Thanks

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so f'ing happy that there are people on this site so quick to point out mistakes. Thank you so much. I just pulled out my line sheet. I do apologize my rear end is code DME 3.72 gear ratio.

At least you didn't get a dooley or Hemi truck when you were expecting a SRW Cummins!

P.S. If it lists 3.72 even that's a typo or error. DME for all "family" vehicles ($$) except family VA (whatever that is) is 3.73.

Dukelittle

Reaction score
At least you didn't get a dooley or Hemi truck when you were expecting a SRW Cummins!

P.S. If it lists 3.72 even that's a typo or error. DME for all "family" vehicles ($$) except family VA (whatever that is) is 3.73.
I’d be very happy with the Dooley.

Dukelittle

Reaction score
Never thought I would own one, but I'm loving my dually!
Just returned from the dealership… Not a dually and no 4.10 as Brutal_HO noted but it is an HO. In D status so it’s schedule. Apparently sunroof, night addition and dually’s are not available on new orders. Here’s hoping my get built and is >3400lbs for payload.

thanks for the help folks…very much appreciate!

Users who are viewing this thread