Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PAC Audio

Grayson

Reaction score
Just FYI,

I emailed PAC to inquire about an AP4-CH41 variant for the Uconnect5 system. They also just found out the connectors were different and told me to check back periodically however the tech mentioned that this will not happen in the near future.

This really only applies to people who want to upgrade the audio system with better aftermarket components with a plug and play solution. I might let a shop handle this one since it will most likely take me longer than a couple of hours without this

UglyViking

Reaction score
Bummer to hear about the connectors being different. I was hoping for an easy upgrade from the uconnect4 to uconnect5 system. Fingers crossed it's not going to be a nightmare.

Grayson

Reaction score
Bummer to hear about the connectors being different. I was hoping for an easy upgrade from the uconnect4 to uconnect5 system. Fingers crossed it's not going to be a nightmare.
I'm more concerned about ANC cancellation. Ford changed connectors on the Sync 3 system three times between 2015-2020 at least on the F series trucks. Not to mention the B&O integration was included an expensive module until recently.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I'm curious if you go forward with it how you'll feel about the loudness in the cab without the ANC. These trucks are surprisingly quiet from the factory and I think partly it's due to the ANC. That said, the HK system leaves a bit to be desired, not terrible but I'd love a bit more "oomph" and it seems to be tuned toward the higher end of the register from factory.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Just FYI,

I emailed PAC to inquire about an AP4-CH41 variant for the Uconnect5 system. They also just found out the connectors were different and told me to check back periodically however the tech mentioned that this will not happen in the near future.

This really only applies to people who want to upgrade the audio system with better aftermarket components with a plug and play solution. I might let a shop handle this one since it will most likely take me longer than a couple of hours without this
THEY might take a year or so, but I already know how to adapt their current kit to UC5.

In this case, it would be easier if I get the kit, and modify their harness, eliminating unnecessary conversion connectors.
Hmmm….So I may have actually been onto something in the other thread. Either way, if you need a PAC harness for the UC5, my offer still stands- I can modify the current PAC harness as soon as you want it.

Grayson

Reaction score
Hmmm….So I may have actually been onto something in the other thread. Either way, if you need a PAC harness for the UC5, my offer still stands- I can modify the current PAC harness as soon as you want it.
Jimmy,

Sorry I didn't catch your offer. If you can modify it or make a new one send me a message on here. That would save me a lot of time and effort

Grayson

Reaction score
I'm curious if you go forward with it how you'll feel about the loudness in the cab without the ANC. These trucks are surprisingly quiet from the factory and I think partly it's due to the ANC. That said, the HK system leaves a bit to be desired, not terrible but I'd love a bit more "oomph" and it seems to be tuned toward the higher end of the register from factory.

If I install a full audio system then I also install full sound deadening material. I am a firm believer in doing it right the first time or don't touch it at all, that applies to pretty much everything in life. Audio systems aside I've had cars in the past that made more sound than the OEM stereo as high as it would go.

Users who are viewing this thread